Rejection after second date. This is for older respondents.

I'm in my mid-40s and I've started dating again. Because I don't meet a lot of new people, I'm trying an online dating site.

I met a man initially for lunch. We hit it off really well and the following day, he called me to schedule a second date, which was last night. I thought the second date went well, too. He seemed genuinely interested in me, was a gentleman, etc. Of the men I've talked to and met so far, he was, in fact, the one I felt more comfortable with and I would have liked to have gotten to know him better.

Today I received a text from him. He said he had been thinking and felt that I didn't need to be with someone like him. Wth happened?

What Guys Said 1

• I hate to hear that Autumn. He just isn't ready for a relationship and instead is saying you don't deserve him. It sounds like you are just getting started again (I did that last year). Don't get too hung up about it and don't get attached to quick. These are random people you don't know well at all no matter how good the date goes. He obviously was not a great catch!

What Girls Said 1

• I hate to say this, but during the first three-four dates guys can be petty about the things which may turn them off. In some ways I think they're far more critical and dismissive during this time period, but that's my opinion.

Don't sweat it, just move on because he was a coward not to call you to break it off. Instead he just sent a text, which makes him pretty douchey. Save your energy for a man that deserves and appreciates you. You're better off having found out early on instead of later.