The first kiss: Were you reading the signals correctly, or do you tend to go in too soon?

On average, how good are you at reading whether or not a girl (or guy) that you like would really like to be kissed by you? Lets say you had been going out for a little while, but haven't kissed yet. You make the first move and try to plant one on her lips. Did she seem to like it? Likewise, for the girls, if you tried to kiss a guy first, did it go over well? Were you reading the signals correctly, or do you tend to go in too soon?

• I go in for the kiss and am successful nearly all or all of the time.
  • I've tried kissing a few times first, sometimes they worked, sometimes not.
  • I've tried kissing multiple guys/girls and they didn't seem to like it. My timing is poor at reading when the other person is ready.
  • I've never been kissed or have tried to kiss someone else.
  • See results

Most Helpful Girl

• My first kiss was a total miss. It was after my eighth grade formal dance and my boyfriend's parents took me home and he walked me to the door. He got to the top step of my porch said bye and started walking away! So I said get back here and I grabbed him by the neck with my hand (shoes in the other) and kissed pretty much the right side of his mouth. Not even directly on his mouth! And then my dad came out and I ran inside. I didn't even say goodnight :/ And that was my first and only kiss so far. :3

What Girls Said 7

• LOL. Me and my boyfriend were together when I was 15 and he was 14. He had to make the first move and it was perfect. I remember thinking 'is he ever gonna kiss me'? Lol. And finally he did. And now that we have had more experiance with others, he finds it to only kiss when the moment is just right. and when it ain't right and I just want a kiss, OMG, I feel stupid because freak him out. But I love him and always wanna kiss him. Lol.

• If picked b lol

• out of all the people I've kissed, not a single one has complained for some odd reason. so I guess I'm pretty good at knowing the right timing. I think, from my experience, most guys prefer being kissed by a girl first because they think that since they are males, they should do everything first like kiss, ask out, etc. so it's nice for them and it tells them that the girl goes after what she wants I guess.

• 100% correct...so far.

• I think I am a pretty good judge at whether a guys wants to kiss me. With my first kiss I didn't even see it coming! It just happened. I turned to look at him and BAM! It was terrible. lol This guy I am seeing now though, the first kiss we had together was pretty funny. He totally wanted to kiss me but we were spooning. The way he was talking and holding me were pretty huge indicators. ha ha He then at one point kissed my neck which tickled! I turned and looked and him and just went for it. It was an amzing first kiss! :) They only get better.

• I chose D, guys have tried to kiss me, but it was wrong timing or simply I wasn't attracted to them, so I just moved away :P

• usually if its a first kiss between two people, there's that moment. ya know, both of you lean in and everything gets quiet lol then your two second kiss seems like 4 minutes long. but yes, I've kissed a guy first multiple times and it always ends up fine(:

What Guys Said 4

• I've always made the first move myself, and I'm a good enough judge of a situation to tell when its time. If a woman tried to make the first move that would be fine by me, though!

• First kiss? She told me to kiss her, it doesn't get any clearer than that I suppose!

• I asked, I was courteous and she thought it was very sweet.

• lol I wasn't even expecting my first kiss, I was just hanging with a girl that I liked and she just went for it and trust me I didn't repel the gesture. and that's the only time for me sooo...