Online dating. Yes or no?

I've decided that it's time for me to get back into the dating scene. I know there are free dating sights like POF and OKC, but I found out that a good number of my friends from school are also on the sites. If I go on, they will most likely find out that I am on there too. I don't really feel like getting made fun of.

Should I do it or not?

Most Helpful Guy

• What Dre said is largely true. I've tried online dating, only to be ignored by most messages I sent out. I've gotten a few responses, but rarely. I've had much better responses asking girls out in person than online, plus the quality of girls is generally higher. A lot of girls in online dating I'm convinced are on there primarily for boosting their own self-esteem, not because they are interested in actually meeting up in person.

• God I hate women like that...

They are like that in real life anyways though.

• I agree and disagree. Girls in real life are more prone to giving you their phone numbers and talking with you or meeting up. Because they already have seen you in person, they aren't freaked out by the idea as much. Not to mention, both parties know what the other person looks like, not some 5 year old photo they posted online. It is really numbers game online and in person, you just have to try a LOT either way to find a girl you really want.

What Girls Said 2

• Well, if they are on there and make fun of you, wouldn't that be about the same as making fun of themselves?

• Probably, but girls get a pass on that stuff. My best friend was online for a while, and nobody gave him a hard time about it, so I don't know. I just don't want to look like a loser.

• You will only look like a loser if you think this makes you a loser. Our minds and perspectives are the most powerful deciding factor in how we think about ourselves. So, first, really consider how you feel about this and why you think it is fine for you, then remember that if anyone starts bugging you about it. Oh, and guys are notorious for trying to pick on each other for stuff like this but really, it is in a friendly, male bonding way in my opinion.

• Yeah, I feel the same way about friends from school...

What Guys Said 2

• Don't I'm on both of those sites, I only get hit up by Fat & ugly chicks. the ratio of men to women is completely blown out of the water. Girls easily stack up on messages from guys if there just Average. I've never gotten back a message from any girls I've been interested in.

• NO