How to make my new relationship work?

So, I am in a new relationship and I wanna know what IS okay to do and what IS NOT okay to do?

Most Helpful Guy

• When you're with him, really be with him, and when you're not with him, relax and be involved in whatever you're doing. He liked you, don't lose you. But don't act cold around him either.

Also remember you can't 'make a relationship work'. You can be a good girlfriend, and tell him what you want from him as a boyfriend. And then you see how it works, and compromise, and adjust, and see if you two are a good match or not. If you're not, then you know, and you move on. The goal isn't to 'make it work'. The goal is to discover if the two of you have potential or not.

What Guys Said 4

• The only real piece of advice I have for you is never make assumptions and never jump to conclusions. Communicate clearly and never assume that anything "goes without saying." And above all do not try to read too deeply into his words or actions or else you will misinterpret them. Take what he says at face value 100% of the time. You'll only be wrong 1% of the time and it's not worth the stress of trying to take that 1% of the time into account when you're communicating.

• Communication is pivotal. If he does something that bothers you, tell him early and in a calm fashion. You will be SHOCKED at how many conflicts can be avoided this way.

Remember...talking about your problems is what mature people do. Immature people act passive-aggessive & try to sweep them under the rug.

Be mature when situations occur...and things shall run more smoothly. :)

• DO'S

1. Just listen to your partner without offering advice.

2. Trust and respect .

3. Treat him as an equal partner in your relationship.

4. Stay and support him when he gets emotional. he is looking for understanding, not solutions.

5. Encourage his goals and direction.

6. Find out what your partner would like to do and then do it with him

7. Say, “I’m sorry” when you’ve done something you regret or that was hurtful to your partner, whether intentionally or unintentionally.

DONT'S

1. Pretend to listen to him when you really aren’t.

2 Shut your partner out when you need to sort things out in your head. Just explain you need space, you aren’t angry with your partner and that you’ll be back.

3. Criticize your partner, especially his appearance.

4. Yell at your partner as if you were his mother

5. Allow jealousy to erode the trust, love and respect of your relationship.

6. Violate his privacy.

7. Forget special occasions

• Three things ya gotta have in my opinion.

Trust, good communication, and great sex.

Those three things tend to break people up the most I believe.

What Girls Said 2

• well... be yourself..

don't fight over little things...

dont act super needy.. have space and give space...

and respect is of utmost importance!

• just don't get clingy and run behind him like crazy give him his space...