When is it appropriate for a girl to contact a guy?

I went on two great dates with a guy and heard from him the next day after each date. We hung out with a group of friends a few nights ago and I haven't heard from him since. He got pretty wasted that night and passed out before I could say good bye. I wonder if this is why he is avoiding me? I noticed he's still on the online dating site nightly. Should I drop him a line or should I write him off?

This exact same thing happened to me. I called him. It turned out he was embarrassed. After I dated him a few more months I discovered he was a hardcore addict and I wished I never called him.

Most Helpful Guy

• He probably is ashamed of getting totally smashed in front of you like that and needs some time to let the embarrassment erode away.

However, to address the actual question in the heading, it's appropriate for a girl to call a guy whenever she feels like. Your phone has the ability to dial out just like mine does and you're expected to use it.

What Guys Said 3

• I'd be inclined to forget a guy who gets wasted on a date, AND who persists in meeting cyber girls after meeting you! What does that say about you, he prefers his computer to a real woman!

• maybe he thinks you are not interested after his behavior.

• actually, whenever you feel like it.

What Girls Said 2

• My general rule- pretty much any time you want to contact a guy is the appropriate time. Obviously normal rules apply- you contact him only through means he gave you permission to (ie don't text if he never gave his number, only message on Facebook AFTER he's accepted you as a friend etc.) don't do it in the middle of the night, don't be excessive about it (one text, email ect. until he replies), and obviously if he asks you to stop then you stop.

In this situation- I'd say message him once and if he doesn't respond, move on because he's not interested. He could be unsure of how to proceed after getting drunk, he could still not be sure if he's really into you, or he might just not be interested. If he answers, it's probably one of the first 2.

• what martyfellow said. Contact him whenever you want, just not too crazy. A good man will let you know when he doesn't like it.