Should I offer to pay?

I'm going to the movies with a guy. He said "I'll pay btw" should I still offer?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes definitely offer! He will again say that he's got it covered, and then let him pay and thank him sweetly. It's always nice and respectful when the girl offers to pay for her own ticket/meal but if you argue about it or insist on it, it'll come across that you just want to be friends.

Believe it or not, guys like to pay for the girl when they start out dating. We don't just do it because its the norms.. It makes us feel "in control" in a way I guess, or able to provide for the lady we're with. We'd almost feel "weak" or insecure if we didn't... It's hard to explain in words but it's kind of a confidence thing. Long story short, he'll be glad to pay for you.

What Guys Said 2

• Hahs. Don't get yourself in the classic, I'll pay. Oh, no, I'll pay argument. Let him pay, but if you want, be spontaneous and take him out for like ice cream afterward, and then you pay. If you want. But let him pay for the movie.

• i wouldn't offer, as it was said do something spontaneous like ice cream, or pay for the snacks, or even bring him a little present as a thank you for taking you to the movies, he will love it

What Girls Said 3

• Nope, he offered first so just allow him, maybe you can buy the snacks and drinks for the movie though.

• From my experience guys still like for you to offer to pay. So I'd still offer even though he said in advance he'd pay :)

• Yes, at least offer too and be willing too.. Guys appreciate it and well honestly its just the right thing to do lolz