Why do girls close their eyes when kissing?

It seems weird when I see that... I don't get it? Like, what is the reason?

Most Helpful Girl

• so you can get into it. I close my eyes when I masturbate too

What Girls Said 13

• It just happens sometimes. That's how they do it in the movies!

It is great when you kiss someone and their eyes are open. If you want to see a gals eyes, just tell her it would be great to look at her when you kiss. It's very intimate that way!

• It's automatic in my opinion, I hate opening them for longer than a peek because it's like your too close to each other and you almost go cross eyed. Not really attractive lol!

• well I think it's more romantic... but I do have my eyes open while kissing a lot. it's so weird tho, because you see evryone staring at you :P

• I open and close them myself just to make sure I glide gracefully from the lips into a nosejob.

• -1? :(

Someone doesn't know the joys of getting a nosejob :/

least when there's ejac the goo feels the same...

• wouldnt that be a little weird to have your eyes open looken at each others eyeballs so close(makes it look like they have 4 eyeballs) when their kissing

• you can get into the kiss more...

• ,So they don't have to see the troll looking back at them. :D LOL

• Why don't you?

• because its just natural to close them when kissing

• so your other senses are heightened.

it's just kind of awkward to kiss with your eyes open but its nice to do it with your eyes closed so you can kinda wander and get more into it

• Because staring at each other while locking lips would feel awkward.

• it's pretty much an instinct

• All people close their eyes when they go in for a kiss. If you're the one person who doesn't then the odd ball out is you. Not to sound mean, but just sayin'.

• Question asker and thousands of others don't..

• Where'd you get those statistics? So, there are billions of people in the world, and if thousands don't do it, that makes them the odd balls out statistically speaking.

What Guys Said 4

• Because imagine opening your eyes while kissing, and seeing two huge open eyes staring at you just centimeters away from your eyes. It's freaky, and disturbing. That's why you should always kiss with your eyes closed. Plus, it's more romantic when they are closed.

• link

Relevant material at 1:50 into clip :)

• So you're not cross-eyed?

• cute!