Ladies, when you give out your number how/when should the guy contact you?

I'm always a little unsure of how to start off the whole conversation once I get a girl's number. Generally I'll send a message that night saying that it was nice meeting her and I'm looking forward to talking to her again. I'll usually follow that with a phone call the next day or two. What is your preference?

Most Helpful Girl

• The next day, or even two days after is fine. Just don't seem needy or desperate. I had a guy text me that same night, text me the next day, then call me that same day, and then continue texting me daily even after I told him I was uninterested. I was at first, but told him all the messages and phone calls was a little much. So he kept messaging..lol. If she replied to the "nice meeting you", then message the next day asking how her day is going or something. If she doesn't respond, she's probably uninterested and gave her number not really thinking twice about it. No reply = don't waste your time messaging her again. If she does, then just go with the flow.

What Girls Said 4

• That works just fine for me. Lol most girls too, however, in this day and age, a lot would even like to just be texted the next day. Me, though, I'm more traditional and prefer phone calls, so what you're doing would be great for my preferences.

• If I like you enough to give you my number I'd be expecting you to do something with it. You don't necessarily have to call but a text every now and then meansyou're making the effort and I made the right decision in giving it to you. I say never be afraid to textor call a woman if she wants to talk to you she'll let you know.

• that night just text me .

• 1-2 days after...I would prefer getting a text first and at least for me talking on the phone isn't necessary but it does make it seem more personal

What Guys Said 2

• the general consensus is three days, but I say two. one day is too quick and needy where as the second day its like hey how are ya doing, I thought we really hit it off the other night, three days to me seems more like hey I want you involved in my life as a friend.

• i would say the next day