Why am I so sad over him and trying to make it work?

I met a guy in the summer time and it was amazing we had 5 awesome dates..then he stopped acting interested. So after a bit of a break we hung out..just to have sex. We then became fwb. Hetreated me like crap, would rarely text and when he did only to dirty text..he would always cancel last minute with a lame excuse and would never make plans. I am pretty sure he was seeing other people and YET for the past few months I have been trying anything to get him to like me. I just now realized I deserve better, but I am just sad now..he broke me and I don't kno what to do..

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't take offense to what I'm saying please but:

He treated you how you allowed him to treat you.You started out just fine with 5 Awesome dates,and then afterr the break...you SETTLED.You settled for a "hit it and quit it" relationship with him.You gave it up easy,and in his mind,he lost respect for you because he no longer had to really woo you.So due to your own infatuation for him (and not wanting to be rejected by him) you allowed him to disrespect the hell out of you and get away with it.

And you are probably trying to get him to like you because he has REJECTED you.No one likes to be rejected.

So this has happened...its not the end of the world girly.So many of these guys exist.BUT...the really awesome thing is you now know that you DESERVE MORE and you DESERVE BETTER. That's the best part of all of this.He hasn't broken you,unless you allow him to.Yes,its hurtful BUT you are stonger than that.Believe you are.

Erase him.Completely delete him out of your life.Accept that this has happened.Take what you have learned and grow from it.Never allow anyone to ever treat you less than what you are worth.And in doing this,you will find someone else of quality.Nothing happenes over night,but this is just a start.It takes time to heal and you absolutely WILL. :)

What Guys Said 2

• find a better guy, guys like him are a dime a dozen just like Fall Out Boy said in some song a long time ago.

• lol. 5 dates then sex? I don't mean to sound rude...but this sounds like a HUMP and DUMP

What Girls Said 2

• I have been there... its a horrible place to be. Sometimes your feelings for someone cloud your better judgement and you put up with them treating you badly, simply because you are happy to have anything from them. I think a lot of people have been in your shoes. Try not to beat yourself up about it, you cared about him and didn't want to let him go... the important thing is to learn from the experience and not let someone treat you like that again.

• FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS DOESN'T WORK! don't try to make it work cause you won't be able to. Forgive yourself, close this door and move on!