Did I blow it by having a mini panic attack in front of his best friend?

I met a guy who works in the same mall as me. He's about 29, I'm 21. He's very nice, semi awkward, and pretty nervous around me.Also, his co-workers seem to know who I am. All are good signs. However, the other day I decided to go and visit him when I had time to kill. Apparently he had just left and I missed him. His friend was working alone at the bar, and I had a coffee in my hand. He asked me if I brought coffee for the guy I like, and out of nervousness and anxiety, I ended up blurting that I was bored, had nothing to do, my parents were getting a massage, I don't know what to do with myself etc etc...he invited me to sit at the bar and chat with him. There was nothing in particular that I said that might have been wrong, but my body language, my behavior, my smile even..was VERYYYYYYY nervous, I was having a mini panic attack. I've got a little bit of anxiety, and I really wanted to make a good impression on his friend and of course I blew it by doing the opposite. Especially considering his friend is very friendly and sweet. I sort of sat there awkwardly and and pressed a forced smile and stared at him for longer than I'm even comfortable with. I was breathing hard (though not sure if he noticed that) and I was shaking (again, I sat on my hands, he may not have noticed). But he was definitely able to tell by smile & behavior. He started feeling very uncomfortable at a certain point and kept shifting around, he clearly wanted me to leave. I left and told him to tell his friend I said hi. Oh, and he also seemed very shocked at me being 8 years younger than them, and kept commenting that I didn't "seem 21". Great.

So..did I blow it? Is it time to move on and forget about this guy because his friend (they are good friends btw) probably thinks I'm far too young & probably a bit weird. WHo knows, he may even think I was trying to hit on him! I'm just going to back off for a while and clear my head..besides by visiting him without a reason I think it's pretty clear that I'm interested.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't say so. His guy friend will probably tell him "that girl was freaking out a bit", but that's all. He probably won't go into too many details.

What Guys Said 4

• If your afraid to fall, you fall because your afraid. Don't stress about, you didn't do anything really wrong. If your worried you could appologize to the guy: sorry I behaved like a ... the other day. But I don't think you should worry.

• I highly doubt you blew it. The whole look you said he gave you (uncomfortable, probably wishing you would leave, etc.) was probably because you were in a public place and could possibly make other customers feel awkward.

• there were no customers around..it was completely dead. How I wish that were through though.

• How is he semi awkward, and nervous around you anon?

• and no it's fine, it's a big chance for you to be initiating something like this your not used to it. no big deal.

• He avoids eye contact but then stares at smiles and then avoids eye contact again, drops things (clumsy)

• do you like that?

• Omg, yeah, honestly ya did, but there still may be hope for you yet! & NEXT TIME: please, please act calm, & try not to shake, & be a little patient, Lols

What Girls Said 0