He's reeled me in and caught my attention, now what?

This guy I've known and worked with over a year, recently started showing a lot of sure fire signs of clear interest. I really like him back and have shown clear signs to him also. We haven't verbally been open about this yet but we both know exactly what's going on. He is a very sincere very nice guy and I know him well at this stage. But something needs to happen with this now. We work together so don't get much time out socially together. it would have to result from an asking out type thing first.

So my question is now that he's reeled me in - what happens? Do I say something? Does he say something? We've gotten much closer on a personal (and not just professional) level and we are quite close and intimate with eachtoher when we're having work conversations just the 2 of us.

i feel its time to act on it but am unsure what the pause is just now. I really gotten to like him and am willing to bet a lot of money he really likes me too and has intentions about it. He's not a messer or a flirt or player and he has clearly chosen me to get closer to recently and make it clear to me and others he's interested.

but I don't know how to proceed. Or maybe I should just be patient and stay close and reassure him I like him.

Any ideas?

Thanks

i figure - if he's got the confidence to show all this interest in me - wouldn't he have the confidence to say something or ask me out?

I'm just having doubts and would like some insight from guys before I say something to him and make an ass of myself with someone I have to work with daily.

Thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe the answer's in your update-

"I'm just having doubts and would like some insight from guys before I say something to him and make an ass of myself with someone I have to work with daily.

Thanks."

If you're feeling that he likes you but you're having doubts ... why wouldn't he be having the same doubts?

Work place relationships are a mine field . It's a big deal to ask somebody out , get turned down and have to face them every day .

Infact work place relationships are a mine field full stop . I have said no to a guy I liked before because I didn't want the added complication of working with somebody I had just started a relationshiotionship with .

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• People, you have to learn than other people don't read minds. You've made clear signs, he's made clear signs, but the truth is you haven't a clue about what is going on because some people read signs wrong, and others have no idea how to pick up on supposedly clear signs. Just ask the guy out tell him you like the look of him.

• let him know you are interested!

• i said in the question that I made it clear.

thanks

• thats not my question.

i'm asking why would he so agressively pursue me then just not ask me out.

he knows I'm interested - i;ve stated this in the question.

• I read the whole thing, and to my knowledge, I feel like I've answered the question.

"So my question is now that he's reeled me in - what happens? Do I say something? Does he say something? " <---- you did ask that.

If you haven't verbally stated it, there is a good chance he doesn't know.

Men love the chase. Maybe he changed his mind. Men are difficult to read.