What Could A Kiss On The Cheek Do For Me?

Here is the story: The birthday of a girl I really like is coming up, so I bought her a gift. When giving her the gift I told her to close her eyes, and I leaned in and gave her a quick peck on the cheek. Right after I did it she seemed surprised, not bad surprised, but surprised. I just gave her the gift and the focus shifted to that. I've never kissed her before, but I'm trying to slowly break through to her. I don't think she is completely sold on the idea of us dating, yet. My question is-- Do you think that quick peck on the cheek did anything in my favor, in regards to the two of us ever being in a relationship? Also, she seemed to really like the gift.

What Girls Said 1

• she probably thought it was cute, so yeah it could help... but go in for the real thing next time!

• Thanks for the answer! Considering we are not dating, how or when would be a good time to go in for the real thing?

• ok well how long have you guys been talking?

• We started really hanging out at the beginning of last semester. She had kinda been "dating" this guy, so I didn't try anything. At the end of last semester I let her know I was interested, but things didn't work out. We've continued hanging out this semester and have gotten closer. I'm looking to change things up. If I keep playing it safe I don't feel like I'll ever make any real progress.

What Guys Said 1

• No slaps to the face, no swearing, no sign of disgust, no lame excuse to leave/ have you never do that again/ no mention of "I like you as a friend" . So I think your golden and that it defiantly worked in your favor

• Thank you for the positive feedback! I'm really hoping that you're right, because I haven't known how to feel about this whole thing.