Is this going to be an awkward prom date?

I finally found a date for prom. I don't have a lot of guy friends or they have girlfriends and all the guys in my school suck so it was really hard for me to find a date but my mom stays in contact with this kid I used to go to elementary school with and we used to do after school sports together and I had the biggest crush on him. The last time I saw him was last summer but his mom just came up to me because she remembered me and he like stood at a distance. We never stayed in contact but since I had no date for prom my mom asked his mom if he would go with me and he said yes. I just hope it's not awkward because we haven't spoken since we were 5 and I feel like it's kinda weird that I asked him ( well my mom really set the whole thing up) but I had no one else to go with.

What Guys Said 1

• Honestly it could go either way but you're not exactly set up for success. If you're not into dancing much, if they have lame music, if you and your date don't connect, etc. It would be best if you got to know your date a little more before you go so you at least have some things in common. Keep in mind it should be fun, don't be compelled to do something that you don't feel you will have a good time at. If getting together with your good friends and going bowling sounds like more fun than sitting around miserable at an awkward prom date, by all means go for the bowling. Best of luck!

What Girls Said 0