Should I be dating right now?

I'm a college girl and I've yet to be in a real relationship. I casually dated someone once in high school for a month but things never really went anywhere and I felt uncomfortable. I don't really get to meet a lot of guys, so I haven't dated at all since then. Right now I feel really insecure about dating, but I feel like I need to open up and date a little or else I'll lose a good opportunity with all the guys here at school.

Should I wait until I'm not so insecure, or should I date someone if the chance comes up?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think you'll ever be completely free of insecurity. Besides, you don't date a massive group of people, you just date at least one specific person.

If that person is someone you're really interested in and enjoy being with, you'll want to be with that person.

Call it whatever you want, but the real test is how comfortable you feel around that specific person, and how much you feel like you want to spend time with him.

I just think it all comes down to the person, so saying generally whether you "want" to date or not isn't the point. It's whether you've met someone you want to date. If you haven't, you haven't, but don't close yourself off from the possibility of meeting that person tomorrow.

Just let it happen, and while you're doing that, enjoy who you are and what you're doing with your life.

What Guys Said 4

• Totally your choice. For example for me, I'm in my junior year of high school, and I resolved not to date, because I have to focus on getting my college resume together and get really good grades. But, I think that you aren't going to get rid of your insecurities, and if you find the right guy, he can do wonders in vanquishing those insecurities. So yeah.

• I hear ya there. Honestly.. Dating means you're willing to risk heartache because there's a chance you find something amazing. It's up to you to determine when to date, but in my experience, you will never be secure in dating.

Plus dating means you've found someone you think is worth committing to, so just going out with friends and acquaintances to social events and the like isn't really worth worrying about. ^_^

• date someone if your gut tells you to date them... it sounds like you need to put yourself in more social situations; you're in college, live it up! don't have the intention of dating someone, just have the intention of getting to know people and having a good time, and if something happens, it happens.

• bravery is not being unafraid/uninsecure its being afraid and going for it anyways!

What Girls Said 0