If a guy doesn't text, should I assume he is not interested?

Met a guy, and we totally hit it off. Its been two days and he hasn't texted me or called me. My friends say he's shy, but I would think if someone was interested no matter how shy they would text. Should I move on? I really liked him.

Well I still haven't texted him yet and he hadn't texted me either. Guess I am going to take the plunge and text him tomorrow. I'm so scared. I really am interested in him.
Well I texted him and all he did was text me back and say he was studying but he would get back to me. He never did. I guess it's safe to say he's not interested. :/

Most Helpful Guy

• And you didn't contact him because?!?

Oh yeah, "if someone was interested no matter how shy they would text." that only applies to guys, in your mind. Isn't that right?

What Guys Said 5

• Don't give up on him so quick. Wait another week or two before you decide to move on.

I bet he's practically going to pee his pants the moment he sends a text or calls you up.

• Lol. I don't think he'd be peeing his pants. We hit it off. Flirting, holding hands, cuddling and so on. He was more friendly than usual because he was drinking though. He wouldn't kiss me though as hard as I tried to hint to him to. I never knew a guy could be that shy though.

• Get on chat? ^^

• Two days is way too short a time to draw any conclusions.

• dont knw what the heck are waiting for! get his number o fb and plan to hang out... hav a start!

• He doesn't want to seem desperate

• Well at least now you know, and look on the bright side - texting him wasn't the terrible ordeal you thought it was. Now you know there was nothing to be scared of.

What Girls Said 5

• Your not really going to get anywhere if you don't try...

You should text him.. You have nothing to lose at this point, your not an item.

And what's life without a little risk?

Be the bigger person and text him first, Maybe he wants to text you just doesn't know what to say.

• YOU text HIM! just do it. because I betcha anything he's thinking the same thing waiting for you to text him. just don't text him nonstop, take it slow and don't come across as super clingy or anything. not saying you are, but you know what I mean I hope lol

• You should watch the movie 'He's just not that into you'

• 1. That's quite a picture you have there

2. You can't really get anything from that movie...yes a lot of it COULD be true, but for the most part, it's just a movie. JUST a movie

• I've seen it. I didn't know if that was the case or not. EVERYONE said he seemed into me. He's just super shy. Idk..

• No, call him see what the deal is. Then go from there ... don't make something out of nothing.

• You should text him. Or if you didn't get his number then I guess there's nothing you can do

• I got his number. I don't usually text guys first. I don't wanna seem desperate or clingy.

• at update...I'm sorry :/

• Its okay. Life goes on. I'm glad I know now then later.