Completely baffled by what has happened...

I was suppose to go on a date with this guy I've been seeing yesterday, he was suppose to pick me up at 1pm... I text him at 12 saying "text me when you leave babe, looking forward to seeing you x" ... no reply. I rang him at 1:15pm, and it rang out then went to voice mail.

Didn't hear off him for the whole day and he hasn't been on Facebook either (which is VERY strange as he usually goes on everyday).

I text him last night around 7pm, but nothing...

Strange thing is.. I know he was out with his friends drinking on Saturday night, and there was a few random Facebook status around 4/5am Sunday morning, and then.. one of his friends writes on his wall.. "Hope you get out of the hospital in the morning :( xxx"

Everything was great between us, we spoke around 10:30pm Saturday night and he said he was looking forward to seeing me on Sunday...

I don't know what to do, I've waited all day yesterday and some of this morning... any ideas? xx

thanks for all your answers!

He text me about an hour, apologising (over and over again)... he got into a fight and did end up in hospital, he is gonna speak to me later when he is home x

Most Helpful Guy

• Your central problem is that you go completely barmy if you don't hear from him after a short period of time. It just reeks of insecurity and desperation. If you get stood up, or you don't hear from him for half a day, you have no option but to let it go and find something better to do. You said yourself, everything was absolutely fine on Saturday. Why do you assume the worst (ie that he's with another woman). There could be a whole host of possible explanations for his disappearance. Your only option is to let it go and find out when he contacts you. All the other options debase you. When he contacts you, you can determine for yourself if his excuse is plausible, if something doesn't add up. Plus these suspicious behavior s are cumulative. If he repeatedly treated you badly then you're right to be concerned. If everything hitherto was fine, then why do you always assume the worst? Without meaning to be rude, I think you should find some extra hobbies, because having this guy be the be all and end all must be very offputting from his perspective, you will drive him away. BTW I'm also referring to the other post you made about him recently.

• Insecurity? They had arranged a date and he didn't show up or gave her -any- information at least why the date is cancelled.

I admit I didn't bother to read the rest of what you wrote.

• If someone stands me up, I don't automatically assume they're having sex with another person, or frantically search for a possible explanation. I reserve judgement. After all, anything could have happened. It's pure speculation. When we next meet, I can dump them if I feel they're taking me for a fool. You really are one of the most ignorant and arrogant people I have known here, to think your opinion that important that you must give me it without even reading my f***ing answer. F***off.

What Guys Said 11

• See lesson learned. Now you know not to jump to conclusions to fast which we all know women especially like to do.

• The men were guilty of it too. I like you holland, I like you a lot. Thank you for one of the only rational views.

• Just wait and see what his excuse is, don't take no notice of any fb status from his mates, this could be a ploy to convert your way of thinking, so trust your instincts, if you feel he is bull sh,iting you, then he probably is, have confidence in what you believe, they rarely let you down,x

• Give it a couple of days. If you don't hear from him then likely he played you. If he is genuinely interested in going out with you. He'll know his missed your date and will try and get in touch with you as soon as he can to apologize and or reschedule.

• Well, it sounds like he either is, or was in the hospital. You may start by asking the guy who wrote that and then figuring out which hospital he's at and if he's gotten out.

Good luck!

• Sounds to me like he blew you off. He ruined his chance. Don't bother to text him or anything. If he want's to make it up to you and really see you he will. DO NOT force it because that will just push him further away.

Besides you guys aren't even serious to have to worry about wasting this much time on some dude that you just started talking to.

• lol didn't you just freak out a day ago about this guy not returning your texts?

there's a lesson for guys in here somewhere

• mmmm sounds a little sketchy. he might have just had his friend cover for him. I would say let him get back to you and not the other way around.

• why would his friend cover for him? if he didn't wanna see him, he could just say... he arranged this date, not me! x

• trusting Facebook is like trusting an escaped felon. they might not kill u...or they might. find out if he was really in the hospital cause maybe he was. but don't be surprised if you find holes in his story.

• yeah I know, Facebook isn't the best source like... yeah, I figured if he didn't wanna c me again he would just delete me, but yeah... ill try ringing him 2night and if I don't get an answer, ill ask his mate x

• You got stood up.

Or some acts of god made it such way that for excessive drinking or some other reason he requires hospital exactly the same day your date was scheduled.

Such "no - not this time" things tend to happen awkwardly often.

• It's hard to believe the guy behaved that way. You're actually beautiful to ignore like that.

• you got played

• Sounds like something happened to him while he was out drinking with his mates on Saturday night / Sunday morning.

Reply to the friend on his wall, and ask what happened, what hospital he's in, etc...

I see no need to take swim in paranoia pool, and start concocting theories of coverups and false stories at this point.

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe just text him and ask if he's okay because you heard he was in hospital?

And then just wait for him to text you.

If he doesn't then I'd say forget about him...

Hope everything works out for you :)

• 48 hour rule!