Do girls always expect us to initiate the first kiss?

The same way they expect us to do the approaching and the date planning? Or can it be mutual. I've always initiated the first kiss whenever I see her staring at my lips or when the time felt just right. The only time she kissed me first was at hook up at a concert.

Most Helpful Girl

• Generally, guys initiate because they have stronger feelings at the beginning. Girls just try to keep an open mind and give the guys who like her a shot, within reason.

What Girls Said 5

• i definitely don't expect it but the guy almost always is the one to initiate it

sometimes I'll be thinking about doing it and they like read my mind and initiate it first

• Um yeah, I always usually wait for him to make some kind of body movement that says he's ready to go in for the kiss :P

• Mostly

• nope

• I didn't think so. I sure don't. I basically just do what I'm feeling. If I feel like kissing and the moment's right, I'm going to do it. I'm really liking this whole idea of equality in relationships.

What Guys Said 2

• yes, a guy always has to make the first move if he initiated the contact, if she did then you can leave it up to her, but she won't always go for it.

• they expect us to initiate everything, or just about everything