Women would you go out on a date with a stranger you just met in a random place?

I say this because there is so much advice for men out there about picking random women that they like in random places. The people swear by their word that it is possible to get any woman a man likes, I however find that hard to believe, but I would like to know the girl's opinion on this one first.

Is this really true? Would you really go out with a stranger you just met in a random place?

PS: I am not talking about a stranger at work, or at a class that you have, I am talking about places where you won't even think to get approached like waiting for the bus, in a burger king, library, coffee shop etc etc

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 34

• Sure - but it depends on the first impression.

If the conversation is weird / awkward - then I'd second guess going out with him. If we have a pleasant convo, laugh a little and generally click a little - then yea I'd go out with him.

Personally - I find it exciting to meet new people - so I'd be naturally more inclined to date a stranger if I get a good vibe from them.

Other girls may be shyer or worried about stranger danger to be more hesitant.

If you can convince me your legit then heck yea we can date.

I think a cool way of approaching a girl in a public place like a library or coffee shop - would be to ask if you could sit at the same table with her and talk a bit. I did that one time with a guy and it isn't as awkward or weird as people would think.

• how did you brake the ice?

• Just talk about whatever. Met a random guy on the elevator today and simply was like, " you havin a good week?"

And the convo went on from there.

• I totally agree with you :) , I would go - if I and the guy in question clicked a little right from the first moment.

If it was awkward and both of us got uncomfortable during the first conversation.. Then I wouldn't feel like going on a date with him - 'cause it would probably be awkward as well.

The ice can be broken with whatever - I also agree with that. Any thing can be a good topic, because you don't know the other person, so every thing he/she may say will be new and interesting to you!

• I don't see why not? If a guy chats me up somewhere and seems to have a good vibe, what's the harm in going out in a date with him? A public date, of course lol. I'm a bit surprised that a few girls seemed appalled at the idea. I'm naturally outgoing, though, and I love meeting and striking up a conversation with random people, so maybe I'm just different : )

• Yes!

I wish more men were brave enough to approach me.

One guy I went out, that I saw in Target, tracked me down from advertising on my car. We had great chemistry!

Follow me on Twitter!

link

• Yes! I was just waiting for the subway and was asked out cold by a guy. His friends came up and started talking to me and I got a good vibe from them and from him, he seemed nice. Also, before he even approached me I had noticed him down the platform and thought he was cute. So actually I think I secretly noticed him first!

I think if there's an attraction/connection there and the girl is open and available most girls would say yes for meeting for a date in a public place.

• depends if that person look normal or seem creepy. if I have a good feeling about him, I don't mind getting to know him on a public area to chat.

• I thought that's how dating goes..all the guys that have hit on me-asked for my number were total strangers not a friend of a friend and didn't go to my school...I would but that's just me

• If he doesn't seem like a serial killer type...lol!

• I did, I met the guy I am seeing at the bus stop and we've been seeing each other for nearly 4 months already!

He first started talking to me , then asked for my number and 2 weeks later we went to the movies together. Sure I had doubts about him at the start but now it seems to be OK. I guess the reason why I would go out with him is because he didn't give me that creepy vibe. Or who knows, maybe my brain was crooked lol!

• I would go on a date with him after I had talked to him a little over text, Skype, etc & stalked his Facebook page to make sure he wasn't a creep. ha ha :P

• lol spontaneous first date-type thing is wt I would go with. I was at the barnes and nobles cafe once when I smished this dudes toe and got dust on his boots. He pestered me for a while and after my numerous apologies,some chit chat and flirtacious smiles, he asked me to sit with him and I did.I really quite enjoyed myself until I was pulled away by my mother and sister. He was funny ,nice, and ridiculously cute and I didn't even get his name.

• Yes! I think it be the most flattering thing...

but just going to say you'd be judged by looks a lot more this way.

• i am usually not the type to go out with a stranger but there was one time that I was approached by a very charming guy after we talked for a little while he asked what I was doing and we ended up going to a movie. it was really fun

• what made him really charming?

• he was very good at keeping the conversation going there was never an awkward moment. to me that is the key. if you start a conversation with a girl that you have never met you don't want there to be any awkward pauses, and its good to get the girl talking more then you are ask about her or comment on something about her and ask her questions about that. if you go over to a girl and start telling all about yourself it leaves the whole conversation up to you.

• As long as I get to leave if its a diaster

• if its the right man and right approach then yes!

• No because what if you did not know what he was planning to do to you I would never do that but that is my opinion

• i would. go with your gut but keep the first dates in public places or with friends.

• Yes, If he has charm on me =D

• it depends on the type of guy he is and if the girl liked the guy then we take the second date..

• HELL NO

• definitely

• Yas I would

• Nope.. I need to have his full medical backstory :-P need something to break the ice whit!

• Absolutely not. That's just crazy talk.

• why not?

• lol I just wanted to know yoru opinion, its cool if you don't want to.

• Apparently 3 people here disagree. lol I guess 1. I should not have my own opinion and 2. they never learned about "stranger danger." lol To each their own.

• probably not. I mean id like to say yes, but you really just can't trust some random guy you've never met before

• yeah sure

• How would you know if you don't even try? Yes it's possible because anything is possible but why ask us, as long as you are not a creep etc., then you might as well try it and see for yourself.

• They wouldn't be a stranger if you got to know them.

• I don't see why not. Whether we play this silly game of "friendship" until he asks me out, or whether we are open about our flirting right of the bat, while getting to know each other, it makes absolutely no difference. =/

Of course there is a limit to the activities and places for our date, with a man I am just meeting and don't trust at all, unlike someone I've known for a while. But this can be arranged and is no issue for the date to happen.

Also note that before a man asks me out, he should exchange at least the basics of first human interactions and a bit of information trying to see who I am. If the first thing he says is if I'd go out with him, then I'd just say no.

• I would not. I'm the type of person that likes to get to know the other first before any actual date is set.

• ok but how can you get to know him if you don't go on dates? that's what dates are for

• I don't think this girl dates a lot

• Friends first? I would somewhat agree - but I think if you hit it off with someone rather well from the get go - they're worth a chance.

I mean - sometimes you hit it off with new friends and they invite you to public places - you don't really know these people further than you can throw them - yet you probably would tag along anyway...

• Depends on the guy. If he is someone I would let to get to know better then yes.

• More from Girls
    4

What Guys Said 3

• Some girls will, some girls won't. The only way you find out is to ask a lot of girls and do it with confidence. Most women, whether they are attracted to you or not, realize it takes a lot of balls to walk up to a random girl and start chatting her up. Doing it with personality and humor takes skills, and some girls love it when guys approach them in public. Once again, if she says no, just walk away and find another girl. It isn't that hard. :)

• Ye it is super easy. It is just about the right attitude. I have meet several women this way. By the way I have found what works best is not to ask them out on a date but to ask them out to a social activity with lots of other people. E.g. Hey I thought you were really cool, why don't you come to my house party this Friday. That will get her to come a lot more easily than hey can I take you on a date sometime (cause dates can be awkward and stuff).

• If you are compatible, and if she admits to herself that you are compatible, yes!