Would you date someone with a really ugly name?

I know it sounds like a silly question, but really think about it. What if you pictured getting serious with this person, and having to say their name all the time and introducing them etc, would it bother you? Would you come up with nicknames? Or would you not care at all?

Most Helpful Girl

• if I liked everything else about him yeah, he'd prob just go by a nickname anyway. like if his name was GAYLORD FOCKER, he could just go by G-funk lmao

What Girls Said 9

• Lol of course I'd still date them. I like them for them, not their name. I might try to make a nickname for him but I wouldn't go too far with it.

• I don't care.

• I've thought about this before but when you're really in love, nothing matters. It's about accepting them for who they are and embrassing you're love for your partner no matter what imperfections:)

• I have this friend named Kushwarinder. I never dated him but we are really good friends. I hate saying his name in public though. It sort of feels strange to me because I have this really thick Korean accent to go along with it. Instead, I just call him Kush.

If it ever came down to dating someone with an ugly name, I would give them a nickname just to make it simple.

• I wouldn't really care about the fact that he had an ugly name, it's his personality that would matter. And I normally do like to come up with nicknames and does it often, so I would most likely come up with one even if he didn't have an ugly name :)

• I wouldn't care

• i would create a nickname, if thye looked nice they I wouldn't care xx

• i wouldn't care at all, that's so petty

it's not their fault even the worst name I could think of couldn't be that bad

• Yes, but I'm sure we'd make better nicknames for each other. :)

What Guys Said 6

• I would most certainly not care at all.

• I like the idea of nicknames.

• i won't care.

• I wouldn't care at all, its just a name. It doesn't define the person.

• No not really but I would definitely give her a nickname that suited her :D

• If you have an ugly name, you can always go by a nick name