Where are some good places to meet guys with good values?

It seems like whenever I meet guys, they are just looking for sex. I want a real, long-term relationship. Where can I go to meet guys with good morals and values who might be looking for the same things in life?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Get a dog. Doesn't have to be yours. Take it for a walk in the park. You'll meet others with dogs; watch how they interact with them.

2. Libraries, bookstores (don't overlook the staff).

3. Your church...but then, you could wind up with a real mess there.

4. Cultural places: art museums/stores. Classical music section of record shops.

5. Watch out for 'open mike' poets at an eatery/drinkery. They tend to come with a lot of problems.

6. Take a night course at a college. The prof isn't fair game. He has a student pool that he may be swimming in.

7. Co-workers?

There are so many good women out there, and so many schlock men.

What Guys Said 6

• Try church, volunteering, public service and charity events. Probably your best bet will be church though.

• I realize that church is probably my best bet but it makes me really nervous. It didn't work out in the past when I tried to get involved at a church because the other girls were very mean and catty. And somehow despite their meanness and catty attitudes they still have this way of seeming so good and wholesome and I feel like I don't have that.

• I tried a couple of different ones and similar things happened. Also I went to a christian school for awhile and the girls there were awful.

• www.volunteermatch.com

Check out volunteering in your community.

• I got the same question for you but for women... I am guessing rather than looking for guys with "good values" look for people you have more in common with. There are plenty of good guys everywhere. The real way to get a long term is as much on your end as it is on his. As in, guys don't plan to just look for sex. Most guys are looking for that one special girl, the sex and other women are just on the side but someone who you will really connect with is so above sex.

• I don't see how that is true. I have met plenty of guys who talked to me until they realized that I wasn't going to be easy to get into bed and then wanted nothing to do with me.

• chess club

• well in my opinion, going straight for a relationship is a bad idea. All relationships started off with casually seeing each other and then it developed into something more. You're trying to jump the gun... not gonna work.

• I realize that. However, it seems that most guys don't even make it to that step because they are too busy worrying about why I am not sucking their d*** yet.

• So in other words, it was that betrayal of trust that hurt the most. You let someone into your world and they bruised you.

This might sound cynical but, people say "he who loves least controls the relationship". I disagree with it but, there is a bit of truth in it. That is, you have to always protect yourself first.

• to put it in more practical terms, never trust a guy more than you trust yourself. One of the reasons that "loves least" saying is slightly true is, in the animal kingdom anyone who is too nice doesn't survive. When you give someone too much trust, its human nature to take advantage.

• Anywhere, just let him know about your 90 day no sex rule.

• Church?

• I have tried meeting guys at church and it didn't go well. This was mostly due to the other girls at church and their catty behavior.

What Girls Said 2

• volunteer events/benefits, art galleries, places you like to go where someone with common interests would be basically.

• Almost all community service that is done in the city I live in is done by elderly people and people who were forced to do community service by the court...

• aww lmao. even organization volunteering? I know like people who work/volunteer at for example brain injury rehabilitation places etc. Maybe libraries? There has to be some good guys there! lol!

• I don't know what you consider good moral values so I'm going to say church.

• I kind of feel like I am not really good enough for guys I would meet in church. :/

• I don't know, I tried going to church once since I got out of high school and I quit going because I constantly felt like I didn't measure up. The girls who go to church (from my experience) seem really perfect, but they are catty and mean. And somehow the guys who go to church don't realize this.

• then you're actually nicer than those girls.. Don't judge yourself as being not good enough, that's simply not true. It's you being mean to yourself and it's totally irrational.