What should I do?

I'm 16 years old and I really don't want to date. I'd rather just have friends. But all my guy friends are always asking me "why don't you have a girlfriend" and stuff like that. I just don't know what to say so I mostly ignore them. But the ask like every month or so.

I would just rather live alone but still have friends who respect me.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Tell them you're a "playa" and you have multiple girls on "lock." Say that you are too good to only have 1 girl, when you can have 5. I didn't have my first girlfriend until I was 21 because I simply didn't want one. I'd rather "play the field." Nothing wrong with being single. You can meet even more girls that way.

my blog: link

• You're smart.

I think that most teenagers simply aren't ready for serious dating. You're still figuring out who you are and what you want in life. Sex and relationships make it much more difficult to stay focused.

Ignore your friends as best you can. Joke with them, because a lot of those guys who are chasing girls at 16 will have kids at 21 and be tied down for the rest of their lives. But you'll hit 22, finished with college, and have your entire life in front of you. There's plenty of time to date and find a good match.