What does he want??

Okay sooo there this guy. We used to date and than we broke up because I went to NYU for school, he's back home in Illinois. I don't party very much, not a huge flirt...and well he is both of those things, so I thought it'd be best for me to just break it off. He said he loves me and yada yada. So over breaks when I'm home and he happens to be home, we normally hang out, and sometimes hook up. He is getting tired of it, he says he wants to be with me and will wait. Anyways I found out he was hooking up with some girl at his college, and he lied about it, I found out becasue my good friend is across the hall. Anyways, I confronted him and we have been distant since.

Recently I was in the hospital because of an ED (not because of the guy...dance reasons) anyways he started talking to me again. He says he misses me and wants me back and just stuff like that.

Why is this? He lies about waiting for me and than says he's done, yet now he's talking to me?

Most Helpful Guy

• IMO, he is really not mature enough to commit to a long term relationship yet. That is not a flaw on his part (I can't imagine he is much over 20 yet). I think you are hoping for him to be something that he simply is not, even if he wants to be. Unless you are planning on marrying the guy, don't get too hung up on it and date around and learn about the different types of guys out there and who you feel most compatible with.

No offense you personally, but I don't understand the obsession with serious committed relationships among young men and women when you are so young and really not ready to make that long-term commitment and start your own family.

What Guys Said 3

• Guys can be confused about what they want too. NYU is a good school by the way. Congrats on getting in there! Sounds like you still care what he's doing, and he sounds like he still kinda likes you. I don't see any reason to "break it off" completely if you guys still like each other. You can do the "open relationship" type thing. When you're apart, do your own thing and then hang out when you're both back home. You can't really expect him not to see anyone else if you're not in the same state, and he can't expect you not to either.

my blog: link

• Look he's confusing ME and I'm a guy. Don't worry about him...let him know that you just want to be friends and that's it. You gotta live your life and not wait for him to confuse you anymore than he already is.

• He won't be a committed person. I really think he was just trying to get "SOME."

What Girls Said 2

• yea listen to the guys advice below.. but as a girl what stood out to me was your e.d. hospital visit.. good luck with that.. and do not let that affect your giving up on this lame-o. I know how it is.. been there.. blaaa..

• I'm guessing he does actually really like you, and definately wants to hook up with you. Some guys just can't wait I suppose. If it were me, I would forgive- but not forget, I guess everyone needs a second chance sometimes, they might have realised their mistake and never do it again. But you gotta keep an eye out and know he is definately capable of telling you a lie.