How bad is it to date your ex's friend?

Okay so I know that the "bro code" says this is not okay (or so I've heard) but when you date someone you get to know their friends and sometimes they become your own.

I just wanna know if people really believe it's horrible to date someone who was a friend of your ex. I can see it from both sides so don't worry about my opinion. <3 what do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• It just seems an overall bad idea.

1. Most guys really don't want to know who you slept with in the past, much less really "know" the guy. Guys are funny about that. I don't know if they worry about your comparing each others' penises or sexual techniques.

2. The bro code applies to the guy, so that is his deal to worry about, not yours. However, I would caution that a guy who would go for a girl that his buddy had been seeing, well that guy may be up to no good. He may simply be looking for a random hookup, nothing more. For him to date you and get serious, well he could risk looking like a real jerk or just no longer friend material and that is a lot to give up. But a guy can always sneak in some random casual sex with little fear of it coming out to his buddies.

I personally would not date a friend of an ex. I know if a friend of mine dated one of my ex's I would feel very strange about it. My ex husband tried to date a women I had been friends with. She ended up bad mouthing me to my ex, while acting like my friend to my face. Needless to say she is not my friend anymore.

What Guys Said 1

• Well the way I see it is I think of other before me most of the time. I think it like this. If your friend really loved their ex and I knew it I could not do it at all because it would hurt them or something.

What Girls Said 2

• I think if it was a serious relationship, and you met that person through your ex, then yes it's pretty horrible. If it wasn't that serious, or years have gone by and the ex is OK with it, then fine. But I can't think of anything more hurtful than finding out my friend was going out with my ex. I'd be sure to drop that friend for life, it would ruin any good feelings I had left for my ex, and I definitely wouldn't think twice about dating my exes friends or my friends exes after that.

• I see exactly what you mean. in the situation that I'm thinking about the couple broke up after a few months and two months later the guys best friend showed up and was interested in her. The friend promised he would talk to the guy and see if it was okay but he didn't really have the balls to do it and now the ex hates the girl. It's just a bad situation that never should have happened in my opinion.

• It is Very very BAD idea.