How to break the habit of always texting and not calling?

I have noticed myself become less and less of a phone talker. Everything seems to be done via text message, Facebook messenger etc. these days (well in my case anyway) and I am looking to get back to a good old fashioned phone call because I have already too much technology in my life and my communication skills will diminish sooner or later.

Has anyone tried and successfully broken habit of phone call avoidance? Help!

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never had that prblem because I've always preferred phonecalls. IMO when a girl insists on texting vs calling that's a turnoff because it kind of makes me think of her as immature. Plus I have a personal hangup with texts. I have a harder time trusting/believing things said though text, even when I know the person on the other end.

What Guys Said 1

• I definitely don't like to talk on the phone, and many of my friends are the same. Texts (in general : emails, IM, SMS) are a real blessing for us.

What Girls Said 1

• Well you also have to remember that not too many people like talking on the phone these days when they can just text. I suggest you find a close friend and call them every few days and talk to them on the phone. Start there. Increase the number of people you call as it becomes more normal to you.