Why didn't he call for my birthday?

Dating a guy for 3 months. My birthday was yesterday. I haven't heard from him. He spends 3 nights or more a week at my house, we have met each others friends. He called me the day before my birthday, but never mentioned it or even wished me a happy birthday. Last week he said he would take me out to dinner for my birthday but wouldn't say what day because he hates making plans .So I went out with friends. I don't make a big deal about my birthday, but I would have appreciated a call. We are both 39 and casually dating exclusively. Do I say something or just let it go. I am a little hurt. He always wants to be mysterious and spontanious, but this is just a little rude I think. If it matters he is a scorpio and I am pisces. Thanks in advance.

What Guys Said 1

• Nothing you said suggests he's really into you. I don't blame you for being upset, but if you let him consciously sell you BS like "I'd rather be spontaneous" or "I don't like making plans" (code for "I live on my own schedule and don't take others into consideration").

What the hell is casually but exclusively dating? It's getting laid while not having to do things like take you out for your birthday.

I don't blame you for being pissed, but you at least partially helped make this bed.

What Girls Said 1

• A guy that says he "hates making plans" when referring to your birthday is a chump. Just sayin', that's a cop out because he didn't know how long he was going to be around.