Do you prefer going to your friends' houses or them coming to yours?

Which do you prefer more and why?

I think I prefer going to my friends place more then them coming to mine. I'm not sure why.

• Going over to friends house
  • My friends coming over to my house
  • Don't have a preference. either or is fine.

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel more comfortable at friends' houses. Growing up, my mom rarely approved of me having people over, I guess because she was embarrassed. After a certain age, she was a single mom and worked all the time to make ends meet and didn't always have the time or energy for keeping up on housework to her 'visitation standards', let alone feel like playing host to my friends or their parents. I understand, but it put a damper on things as far as ME feeling comfortable having people hanging out in my space, because I got so used to it being mine alone. On the rare occasions that I did have friends over, like in my teen years, I always got so worried about them touching my things, going through things, messing something up, etc. It gives me anxiety, haha. So I spent a LOT of time at their houses, rather than have them over at mine and trying to convince my mom to let me in the first place. I live with my boyfriend now, and we have friends over almost all the time, even when we're both at work. It doesn't bother me as much in this situation because there are common areas and other bedrooms for them to hang out in, with no parents to behave around or worry about getting upset and transferring their anxiety to me, lol. We have our bedroom and they stay out of it unless we invite them in or ask them to grab something for us. So I still have that comforting sense of 'this is MY space where I don't have to worry about other people'.

What Girls Said 6

• My friends coming over to my house because I like to be able to get food whenever I want without feeling awkward about it and looking through someones fridge, I have always been like that. Also when parents of my friends want to talk to me and show me my friends baby pictures gets really awkward and annoying it has happened many times. I have a lot of fun thing at my house, I just get kind of nervous when I go to someone else's but in a way I don't mind, I still go to my friends house. Also I stayed at one of my best friends house for 9 days and I still didn't feel comfortable going through someone's fridge for food or asking for something. I feel more comfortable when they come to my house :) I get a little homesick as well c:

• I'd rather them come over to my house because I'm more comfortable in my own house (i.e. getting food, being sprawled out on the couch, finding something to do, etc)

• I prefer them to come to my house because;

a) I feel more comfortable in my home.

b) There's more stuff for us to do at my house.

• I prefer friends coming to my house for multiple reasons.

1. I have a cleaner so I don't have to clean up after them.

2. My house is f***ing huge.

3. I have every single games console you can imagine.

4. I also have every game you can imagine. Even sh*t ones I don't like.

• Oh really? list the consoles you have. :-P

• Dude, I have no f***ing idea :p

• Pfft :-P

• I prefer them to come over to my house, mostly just because I'm really nervous and shy around people I don't know or other people's family and such.

• I prefer going to my friend's house because there's no place for us to hang out at mine.

What Guys Said 2

• Either is fine tbh. Some days I prefer to stay home, others I prefer to go there.Doesn't matter.

• Doesn't really matter. Either way is fine.