How do you meet a guy when you have never dated one?

I'm 17 and ever since junior high I have been confined to my own space mostly because I have had extreme social anxiety and depression. Ever since I have taken an anti-depressant medication, I have been a lot more socially involved. I'm just curious to see how you come across a guy that you would be able to share feelings with.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was single till I was 19. so you know, it's not a big deal. I got asked out since I was 16 a lot. You just talk to more people and make more friends. join extracurricular activities and get out there. be outgoing and meet people at work. that's how I worked on my shyness. I used to be a really shy and quiet girl but I'm definitely more outgoing and confident and assertive now than I was. which I'm happy with. when you're confident and you try to be happier-do things to make yourself happy and focus on the positives. I had to get counselling as well when I was in a bad relationship and it helped meout of depression. get to know your friends' friends and maybe there will be a guy who'll you'll be interested in . good luck ^_^

What Guys Said 3

• Well you're probably in high school...should be plenty of guys at school. Make some friends, go to some parties, football games, and definitely go to the school dances. Those are all fun social events that will help open you up. The more chances you take, the more likely it will be that you meet a guy or catch some guy's eye!

My Blog: link

• well no guy wants to share his feelings, that's more of a girl thing, but yeah... get yourself out there, and start flirting, saying "hi" is the best way to start, go to clubs, school, work?, church/events etc.. and just start chatting people up, ya know?

and its good to hear you broke out of your depression, I was in a depression too, but I broke out of it just like you did, so I know what you're going through

• Really if you talk to a guy he will notice you that talk to guys and communicate interest.

What Girls Said 1

• I am 17 and I am depressed, and I have social anxiety disorder, and I have never dated anyone. Twilight zone. lol

did meds really work for you? They made me suicidal. What do you take?

• I've taken Zoloft, but it took a while for it to actually work though