What does it mean if a guy signs off without saying bye?

I'd like to know. I've had guys do this to me in the past. I'd also like to know why some guys sign off after you just sent them an instant message. Are They shy? And does that mean the guys who don't sat bye are too shy?

Most Helpful Girl

• They are playing games for you to run after them. They like to feel wanted, admired and needed by you. If he is shy, he's just playing games to make sure you are interested in him. Shy guys are a bit insecure and need reassuring. They kinda act like they don't care or they are so cool but the truth is they care a lot and they overanalyze things.

Don't forget that nice shy guys think that bad boys win girls all the time. So, they kinda want to immitate what bad boys do, not totally but for a bit. Something like signing off without saying bye is a bad boy-thingy and they think it will work.

All in all, don't read too much into it. :) He is just trying to prove to himself that you are interested in him.

• lol are you the writing editor for cosmo magasine or something?

What Guys Said 6

• your little friend down there is full of it me don't play games on the internet for one..if a guys signs off and you just sent a message first lets look at if he was on before you.then do you have any pictures up on your profile.you have to look at all the things about your profile before assuming. cause I don't know any guys that wanna brag about running from women..think about it really just like women we have radars we go with our feelings just like girls don't take it personal just keep on trying giving up is way easier than trying:)

• Guys online are so often chating with sveral pteople at once and sign off just forgetting to say goodbye to everyone! Don't take it personally.

• I do that when:

-I'm pissed off at the person

-I plain just don't care about the person

-I got disconnected without being able to say goodbye

So it's fairly varied...

• I would say he's just plain inconsiderate... I hate when people just leave without telling you/saying goodbye.

• it means not interested

• maybe he was just tired? I wouldn't listen to these clowns, don't take it personally, it happens...

What Girls Said 2

• He is playing with you or he's just not interested

• they probably sign off because

1) they don't wanna talk

2) they sign off at the same time you log in so its just a coincidence