Do you compare everyone you date to your first love?

I feel like every female I get involved with romantically I compare to my first love. It is devastating because I know it's stupid and irrational, but I cannot help but compare every one to her. Don't get me wrong, I'm capable of keeping a relationship healthy and stable, but it's always lingering in my mind, the differences between the current girl and the one that got away. Is this normal to compare girls to my first love? How do you solve this problem?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• I don't date but for my first love.

That being said, girls I've been sexually and romantically entwined with since - without dating them - I've never compared them to my first love. They're... Such different people, I don't see what I would even compare.

• i don't really compare the girls I don't date- I usually don't talk to one night stands afterward, it's kind of embarrassing when you wake up next to someone and have no idea what's going on :-0

• Hahaha, I've never done it that way. I've had one-time flings, and lah-de-dah, but I usually have long-lasting sexual relationships, but they aren't 'relationship' relationships, just friendships. But they last for like, years.