So you like him and he likes you and this is the first date, like ever. You are nervous and psyched and so is he. He picks you up and takes you to a restaurant, but its not like a fancy restaurant, but definitely a restaurant where people go on dates, like an Apple Bees, or Olive Garden. You are enjoying yourself when all of a sudden when it comes time to pay, he busts out a coupon for like a free entree or a free desert. After that, he takes you to the bowling alley where he has a free pass for a bowling game. He is paying but of course. He is also leaving a reasonable tip, just in case you are wondering.
What is your gut reaction to a guy who uses a coupon on a first date?
Note: I've never done this, but I was thinking about it since I just got a coupon to a bowling alley. It's a fancy place not your local Brunswick.
- I would think nothing, it wouldn't seem abnormal or normal.29% (18)25% (5)28% (23)Vote
- I would find it to be a bit odd, but that's about it.29% (18)15% (3)26% (21)Vote
- I would be wowed by his frugality and consider good spending habits as a precursor to a strong relationship down the road6% (4)5% (1)6% (5)Vote
- I would think he was cheap and would be appalled19% (12)35% (7)23% (19)Vote
- I would probably be fancinated by his spend thriftiness, maybe engage in banter about how to find good deals on the net17% (10)20% (4)17% (14)Vote
Most Helpful Girl
normal. id rather do something outside& physical,like hiking, or just exploring some place... tats pretty cheap.
plus it shows he's not an idiot, & thinks ahead. to save coupons, takes foresight, & responsibility. & I think its good to be rational& prudent about money. If he's going to be worried about what other people think, hell be insecure & likely to be judgmental too. Very boring.
i wouldn't be wowed or disgusted. id think it makes sense& id appreciate it, because, it saves me money, since were spliittng the check.1