When did dating become so lazy?

I do not know if it is me or if others feel the same way, but when did dating go out the window? Is is so bad to ask a guy to actually have a plan when they ask you out? I am not saying go out and spend a ton of money on me because I am not like that. Yet when a guy says he wants to see me and meet up it expect to actually do something. When he follows that with "how about we come to my house we can have sex if you want and then I will take you home." I just want a guy who is man enough to make a date/plan that does not involve sex. I am starting to believe there are no good men left. I think part of the problem is there is so many mixed messages out there of what women want from men. Some articles say girls like guys who treat them like sh*t and do not dream of opening the door for her, oh and do not pay for her meal that will offend her. Then you have the opposite where they say treat her like a princess. I personally want a guy who respects me and wants to know me not what is under my clothes. Any thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• guys will do the bare minimum for sex, especially when they have no emotional attachment to the girl they're with. most men are gentlemen only because they have to be that way to impress ladies. but when there are very few ladies left, then men will stop being gentlemen because they don't need to do all that for a girl who just doesn't care. dating became lazy when family values took a downhill dive and as a result, girls lost their self esteem. nowadays most girls have little self esteem or respect for their bodies. society teaches girls to do everything to please a man even if its the expense of ourselves. and its a common idea that men love sex, so many girls feel that men will prefer them if they give them sex easily. sorry to say but women do set the standard in the dating scene and what your seeing is a result of little to no standards. You're actually one of the few women who question this and don't go along with the program, sadly most women do. My aunt is a generation ahead of me, she was dating in the 80s and 90s before she got married and even she says today is a different scene that it was 15-20 years ago. most girls were not dtf after meeting a guy for a few short hours. a lot of girls had mystery and respect for themselves, they werent acting like they had to do everything to impress a guy they just met. so sorry hoes like that f***ed it up for real women like you, it is harder to find a good man because what you won't do there are 5 other hoes that will.

What Guys Said 1

• it's experience. if I'm still single by time I'm in my 30s, I probably won't be able to take any of it seriously enough to go through all that trouble

i'm 24 right now and even now I feel like I'm too old to waste my time if my sexual needs aren't gana be immediately met. we ain't 17 year old virgins here.

What Girls Said 1

• When some girls started putting out before the first date.