What does/do when a guy your dating is in love with his ex but is over her?

Okay so I've been dating this guy for a month and he just told me his ex and him broke up two months ago. They were in a three year relationship and lived together. I asked him if he still had feeling for her and is using me to get over her. He says he's over her but still loves her. What should I do? I'm so lost!

Most Helpful Girl

• It's difficult to get over three years in two months...It may be a good idea to give him some time to sort out his thoughts and feelings. He is confused and hurt I imagine, and probably not really ready for a new relationship. Don't give up on him, just give him a bit of space for a while!

What Guys Said 2

• He wants it both ways. He can't have it both ways.

He needs more time before he gets into a new relationship to let things simmer in his mind and resolve. With that process he'll also establish boundaries.

• you have every right to be suspicious and I would be too. That's kind of a weird thing to bring up. But it is possible to love someone and not be IN love with them. I would just be supportive of him for now.

What Girls Said 1

• I think this guy is confused. He doesn't know what he's feeling. He says he is in love with her, but he is over her. That doesn't make any sense. I think you should tell him when he is ready to give up this feeling he has for his ex then, he can date you.