What does it mean when a guy responds in this way?

My older brother approves of the guy I like. My brother sent the guy this text: "I normally have trouble keeping guys away from her, but you can stick around".

The guy sent back "Appreciate the the vote of confidence :)".

What does his response mean? Could he like me? Me and the guy aren't dating.

Most Helpful Guy

• Your brother approves of him, and the guy likes that.

What Guys Said 11

• It means 'thanks for the vote of confidence'

Take it at face value, because that's exactly what it is.

• What do you mean?

It means thanks for the vote of confidence, I don't know what part your unsure about.

• Basically its your brother giving his blessing for this other guy to go out with you. It sounds like you have a very protective brother and if this other guy has heard stories about him, then he might have stayed away.
    This other guy now knows that he doesn't have to "hide" anything from your brother and that he's cool with it. It sounds like he could like you. If he didn't like you, he may have responded a little differently, but with out knowing him, it would be hard to tell.

• It might mean that he likes you. His answer is kinda vague but it means that he probably has noticed you. The only thing you can do is wait and see if he makes a move or to try and flirt with him a little and see if he responds. Sometimes it helps to make a move just be tactful about it.

Good luck!

• it means that your brother won't be all up on your case about your boyfriend. so have fun :)

• He's not my boyfriend. Didn't I just say that?

• Yeah I know that. But what does the guy's response mean? Does it mean he likes me?

• he is more likely going to be more attracted to you, since he doesn't have to worry about your brother getting in the way of things which could make a longer lasting relationship. this also increases the chance of you two getting together :). but knowing if he completely likes you there's a possibility

• Yes, it means he likes you, and he's glad your brother approves of this.

• Ya he likes you and is glad your brother won't get in his face about dating you

• it means your brother trust him. if he likes you he will be more comfortable asking you out nw.

• That sounds like he does like you. If he doesn't like you he wouldn't text you back.

• More than likely, I'd say that gets a yes, he does.

• He was just saying that he think him for the approval.

answer mine? link

What Girls Said 1

• 1. What does it mean when a guy responds to a text like this? He's pleased that he has your brother's approval.

2. What does his response mean?
    Most likely he thinks your brother has influence over who you date and that if you lack interest in him your brother can persuade you to gain interest.