He's a little fat?

Well me and my boyfriend have been dating for awhile now, and well...he's fat. But he's not huge, but its noticeable. And well all my friends are starting to make jokes about it every time we go to dinner.and I'm starting to resent him a little. So what do I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Learn to not listen to your friends. YOU'RE the one dating him, NOT them. If it wasn't a problem before then you shouldn't let it be now. It sounds like you're just starting to get embarrassed by what your friends think of him and you shouldn't care about what they think. If it keeps happening tell your friends when he's not around that you don't appreciate them saying things like that.

What Guys Said 3

• hmm speaking as a person with a few extra pounds just think of it this way MORE TOO LOVE! lol. Anyway, If you really love this guy, than your friends opinion does not matter. And also if your friends were really your friends they would respect your decision in who you date (Unless he was like an ass or someone who sleeps around).

Hope it works out !

• Ask him to lose some weight, was he the kind of guy that looked slim at first but after closer inspection he actually had a belly? Ask him if he ever goes to the gym, maybe that will get the message to him without hurting his feelings too much. Maybe you should go to healthier places to eat dinner sometime as well.

• go with 'what do guys want' said its very good advise and should work

What Girls Said 5

• I agree with niceguy14, if your friends were really your friend then they would repect that you want to date him and if you like him and if he respects you and if he treats you right then that's all that should matter...forget what everyone is saying and do what you want to do. I hope I helped and good luck.

• i had the same problem!

heres what you should do:

tell him that your starting to feel a little guilty about how you feel anout yourself, and what your eating, then say to him, it would make me fell a lot better if we could make a change together. say, its going to be hard to do it on my own, so it would mean a lot to me if we could do it toghether?

hahaha who knows, you might even feel and look better yourself..

goodluck:-)

• Wow, really? That's pretty low of your friends. I also agree that, if you friends really respected you, they wouldn't cross that line. You should talk to your friends about this. If he's not obese or anything and likes the way he looks, then he's perfectly fine, and not his fault at all. You really like your bf, so why should his size matter?

• wow your friends sound really shallow. if he's not huge, but noticeably fat, why should it matter? they aren't the ones who are dating him so they should respect your choice in a boyfriend and not pick at people all the time. don't let what shallow people say influence how you feel about someone. would you care about his weight if your friends hadnt said anything?

• What do you do?

You stop being so shallow and listening to your friends.

You liked him before, or else you wouldn't have dated him for this long.

So what if he's a little fat? That's more for you to love.

You can also tell your friends to lay off.