Would I be considered a loser if I tried online dating?

Would I be considered a loser if I tried online dating? It is a bad thing to try online dating? Is it easy to do or is it a bad thing? Did you have good experiences coming from it?

• Yes it is bad
  • No it is not bad
  • Awwww I feel bad for you
  • I met a mate/spouse from online dating
  • Bacon dang it. How can I lose!!!!!
Do women lie on their profiles online? If so what are some of the lies to watch out for?

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't consider someone a loser if they did online dating, its just not something I would do.

What Girls Said 15

• Online dating is NOT for losers. It's actually an excellent tool to get you introduced to people you would probably otherwise never meet.

I have been on and off dating sites since I was 18, I am 22 now and happily in a relationship with my SO who I met online. We have been dating over a year now, and I am happy to say that I know many other couples who have met online who are either getting married or in serious relationships that have lasted over a year.

It's all in how you use it. If you don't post a picture, and don't post any details and merely say "If you want to know more, message me". You won't be successful. The truth is you do need to work on it. It's like a resume, if you put on your resume "email me if you want to talk" then you wouldn't be getting any jobs.

You have to make your profile a place for the potential date to get a good feel for who you are. Highlight all the positives about you, make sure you put down a variety of interests. What do you like that isn't what everyone likes? It's great to love watching movies, but what kinds of movies? Everyone likes food, is there a special dish that you are really good at making?

Personal touches like that makes you stand out. It's not going to guarentee you a million messages, but it makes your profile look more attractive and will help you find other serious dating site members.

It's tough because you won't always be successful right away. And I think that is the biggest reason why some people hate online dating so much. My one friend was successful early on, her boyfriend messaged her within a month of her being on there. I had to wait 8 months to find my boyfriend. But don't let that discourage you. This relationship I have now with my boyfriend has been the best one yet, and we are the most compatible. And without online dating we otherwise would never have met. We just weren't in the same circles. I came to find that she was the minority of people. Most are on there for a while. But I find I met people who I would actually consider dating more.

• Not everyone on dating sites lie. The only thing you can do is talk to them, and find out what they are like. Meet up with them, if what they said is completely untrue it will come to light. I had a guy completely lie by using someone elses pics. And he was much older, and was trying to get young girls to date him. It was gross. You just have to have good instincts, if someone is lying, you will sense it!

• Nope, it's not bad and you wouldn't be considered a loser. To be honest, I met my current boyfriend through an online game. We had known each other for 6 years by playing Ultima Online together, after awhile we finally started talking about meeting in person. Surprisingly we were both from TN, and only two hours away. Once we met in person, we hit things off great and been together ever since and going strong! :) I would try it if I were you. It's not easy, especially if you grow a tight connection with someone. It will take strong dedication and trust due to not being able to see each other regularly.

Wish you the best!

• I think the internet is the most amazing thing in terms of dating. Obviously there will be people who lie, but not trying can keep you from meeting some really great people. The guy I'm talking to, I actually met on here. I honestly don't know what to call him, but I usually just tell others he's "my guy." We're on opposite sides of the world and there's a crazy time difference, but we make it work. Even though it won't be happening for a while, I can't wait to see him someday, if he's even still into me when the time comes. lol

• It doesn't work and girls definitely lie on their profile... there are so many girls who pretend to be interested in guys they don't like so yeah they do lie.

• Online dating doesn't have as much of a stigma as it used to. It can't hurt to try it if you want to. I've never done it but plenty of people have. A few years ago I heard the statistic one in 5 relationships begin online and I'm sure that the number has only gone up.

• You should be more self-confident . If you are a wonderful person in the real life,you 'll never be a loser whatever online or outline .

• I've tried a couple of times, its was okay. Mainly you just have to be careful.

• Nope what ever works :)

• It's okay, don't be discouraged and there's nothing wrong with it.

• I've had good and bad experiences from online dating. It doesn't make you a loser at all, I met my first boyfriend from it and we were together for two years.

Okcupid is free, by the way.

• Not at all, I'd try it.

• @update: That's so hard to tell honestly.. but one thing you should watch out for is fake pictures. Make sure they are who they say they are..

• It's not bad at all.

• I met my husband through Facebook

• No, going online for dating options does not make you a loser. Being desperate enough to assume that everything you read about a person online is not healthy, though. There are many people who are willing to lie about themselves to impress others.

• If online dating is for losers, then I'm a loser too. 3 of my relationships started online. One didn't work out because we didn't click in person and the other lasted well over 2 years. My current one is the most amazing thing that's happened to me and has been going on for about 2 years as well. I find it easier than meeting people in clubs or at work; I'm a house person and really don't have many places where I could go to meet someone.

What Guys Said 4

• Nope, internet is one of if not the biggest mode of communication and I'd say it's helps with finding girls that are interested in you. Not many distractions and they are there for the same reason you are. Not everyone is at a bar or a library or a even a speed dating event to date. Supporting friend, cutting loose or just to see friends. So yeah, not really different then the real world but it does help. Better then doing nothing.

• Met my smart and beautiful girlfriend online. So yes, it can work. But it also takes patience. Remember that the person you are writing to gets lots of mail. So you have to stand out.

• i don't see how or why it should be

• I met an amazing girl from an online site :) we're really close to a relationship and I haven't been this happy in a long time. She didn't lie about anything on her profile at all but I wouldn't be surprised if some girls did. It's worth a shot for sure. And surprisingly there are some really good looking girls on those sites ;) I'd say about half of them are just looking for an ego boost, but the girl I met is absolutely gorgeous and she's also genuine.