Choose to pursue or stay content as friends?

I'm sure you guys get questions like these a million times a day so I'll try to be succinct as possible.

I met a girl on an online dating site, got her number, and we decided to meet up on Valentine's Day at her place (although I'm sure the day was just coincidental) to watch a movie I recommended her. Following that, she came to my place a couple of weeks later, and then just recently we went out again.

My problem is that I actually really like her as a friend, because she's really cool, but I also think that maybe the potential is there for more. However, I am truly awful at reading women's "signals" and I honestly don't know if I should go for it. Unlike most situations I've been in, losing her as a friend would actually really suck.

So I guess what I'm asking is, what kind of signals / signs should I be on the look out for? I'm usually very forward with women but I'm really just stumped on this one.

Thanks in advance.

What Girls Said 1

• Well you met via a dating website, got her number, and hung out a few times - there is some interest there. I guess the only signs I can give you are: does she message you?, does she say things like "we should hang out", and this might sound simple but does she sit next to you/put personal items like a purse near you? Saying "we should hang out" means she wants to see you and hang out, possibly to figure out if she wants to date you. The other two items I listed show how close she feels to you: putting things nearby you means she trusts you and messaging you first means you are on her mind.

It couldn't hurt to ask her how she feels. I mean, you meet on a dating site so there was something going on that she gave you her number. If she's interested then go for it. If she doesn't want to date, you can still be friends. Hope this helps!

What Guys Said 0