What does it mean if a guy says he's only seen girls casually here and there?

what does it mean if you ask a guy whether he has had a long term girl friend and he replies he has only seen girls here and there casually? what does he mean by this? did he sleep with them?

Most Helpful Guy

• He may or may not have slept with thim (go ahead and assume he has), but the deeper issue is that he probably isn't into "real", committed relationships, so if that's what you're looking for, you'd better make DAMN SURE that he's on the same page, which means you'd better discuss it at length, because essentially his response is intended to tell you that he wants to be casual with YOU too.

• but I just want to be friends if he just wants to be casual, I'm not into casual things at all. we didn't discuss anything about me and him , I just assumed we could just be friends then no?

• well he said work and stuff hasn't allowed him to have serious relationships as he's always been so busy

• That's really just an excuse unless his job's nature would make a relationship extremely difficult, such as traveling to different cities all the time, or demanding 60+ hour work-weeks.

Everyone is busy, but if you care for someone, you MAKE the time for them.

What Guys Said 1

• It means that he may or may not have slept with them. Regardless, they were not serious relationships and he has no baggage or emotional attachment to them. Whether or not he slept with them is not important.

• so most probably I should stay away from him? we could be just friends though, that would be okay right?

• But I really like him so far, and I don't want to ruin things by getting involved with him, getting used and then hating him forever, I just hate that. I like him as a person so far. how do I give him a chance?

• Go on a date with him. There is nothing gained by holding his past against him. You will just be looking at him and asking yourself, "What if?" Go on a few dates, see where it goes. Give him some credit.

What Girls Said 2

• He's f***ed around with girls here and there, nothing serious.

• He's pretty much only had sex casually and very short flings. I'd be weary of a guy like this. The only guy I know who had a bunch of casual flings but no real relationship was my ex's best friend, and he had MAJOR issues with women. Degrading. Commitment phobe. He got pleasure out of treating women like trash and tried to get my ex to treat me that way too.

• but on one of his statuses it said he hates racism and sexism

• Probably sexism against men lol not against women. I'm just saying, don't trust a guy like this easily. He's definitely slept around, and if he's never met a girl that meant more to him than a casual fling, it probably means he's got bad views of women.