Girlfriend going to prom

ok well my girlfriend is going to prom with another guy should I be mad?

we live in different city's and I'm not in the right class to go..is why I don't go with her
she said no to the guy she told me she was going to be a better girl friend

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course you should be mad.

WTH.

She should want to go to prom with you.

You're her boyfriend!

• we are not from the same city nor em I in the right class

• yea I know what you mean now she is saying she won't go but at the same time she is mad at me

• She is just disappointed. She will get over it.

What Girls Said 10

• If he is her friend then I don't think it would be too big of a deal. Personally I would be a bit jealous, but you don't live in the same city nor are you in the right class..so I would just trust her and try not to worry about it too much. If you can't handle it then just talk to her about it!

• like talk to her to were I'm OK with it .or tell her not to go?

• yea I'm going to tell her its okay and all

• Good for you! Don't worry about anything. She's yours, just remember that:)

• Yes this is a problem. I saw your update and I was just going to agree and say she can go with a group of girls.

• It depends on who this other guy is. But yes I would say if you are of age to go with her and she didn't mention you could fill in that position then I would be hurt by it.

• she could have gone with a girl friend yes you should be mad!

• hmm, I think feeling annoyed

is natural in that situation =)

but remember that one of the

most important aspects of

a relationship, is trust =)

• um... she's your girlfriend.. why aren't you going with her?

• I understand. I'm glad that she chose you instead regardless of the fact that you are unable to go with her. It shows her sincere interest in you and her dedication to making your relationship work and not hurting you. Good Luck!

• I'd be annoyed as hell. I don't get why being from a different city and not being in the same class should be reason for you not to be able to go with her. I went to my prom with my boyfriend who was in college at the time and he lived three hours away. If you guys get together on occasion, you should be able to go to her prom.

• If you seriously can't go with her, then you have no choice but to be OK with her going with another guy. Prom is a big deal, especially senior prom, she told you right away because she thought you could handle it, since you can't go. Tell her you trust her and hope she has a good time, but let her know you'll be thinking of her and want to see a picture of her when she's all beautiful and dolled up.

• ya thanks for the help everyone here really helped me a lot yal helped me think it out the right way.im going to tell her its okay to go and to have fun

• Awesome! She seems to really care about you, I wouldn't be worried.

• Well, I was a sophomore and went to prom, so I don't know the school's policy, but I think its usually not allowed if the date is much older, like 19 or 20, but my girl cousin did get away with going to a prom with my other cousin(he couldn't find a date) in NY, there was a 10 year difference...I would only be mad if she didn't even consider you as a date, whether or not you were allowed to go. If they were already going to prom before she became your girlfriend, then I wouldn't be mad.

• no she was asked today and she told me right away

• Wow, that's nice of her...although this might be what you wanted, she might regret it after high school and resent you for not letting her go to her senior prom, since she is mad at you right now. I would talk to her again, not right away, but after you both have had time to cool down. Maybe tomorrow, have a calm talk with her, tell her you know prom is important and you want her to go. Tell her you only got upset because she didn't discuss it with you sooner and that you would've been OK

• If she had asked you beforehand...oh, just got the updates, I'm glad we could talk you through this...I do agree that I would've been upset, but in the end, you do need to let her go to prom. Goodluck

• um yeah.s he's your girlfriend. why aren't you her date?

• but can you get there for the dance or is that not a possibility?

• not likely and don't you have to be a senor to go?

What Guys Said 3

• You mean your ex-girlfriend, right?

• dude wtf... I don't care if your not in her class and stuff.. that's reasons to dump her but

• Yeah, you should. Why aren't you going with her? Perhaps it would be best to go your seperate ways.