Would you let your daughter go to someone's house with two guys to watch movies?

You've never met the guys and they're both seniors (18 & 17) at her high school, there's another girl (who's the girlfriend of the 18 year old) going but she doesn't really know the other girl.

It's basically like a double date (only me and the other guy aren't dating). I got invited to go over somebody's house to watch movies then go bowling later. I want to go, but I feel like my mom would say no. She watches A&E to much, I'm scared she's gonna think my friends are rapist serial killers and tell me I can't go hang out. I really don't go out often, and when I do she usually just asks for all the places and I'm going and numbers of who I'm going with, but I'm usually with other girls.

I feel like it's going to be different because I'm with guys. I know some parent;s that don't go for that stuff. (pretend like you have kids if you don't)

• Yes
  • No
Wanted to throw this out there. There is a girl going, and I know both of the guys (not some random dudes at my school).

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't know these guys, but you kinda know the girl who is dating one of them, and they invite you? why? why have they invited someone they don't know? this sounds like a set up, so no you shouldn't go, don't live to regret this, if anyone gets an invite like this, its usually because they know that person, and have spoken on at least a few occassions, so I strongly advise against being with people you don't really know, and to wait until you at least know you can trust them before even accepting an invite like this, stay safe,x

• Oh, I know the guys, I have classes with 'em. The 18 year old I've known for about 2 years and the 17 year old I've known for almost a year.

• oh well, that's a little different, then as long as you trust them, then I can't see why it would be a problem, but try toi understand your parents possition, because if something did happen, they would never be able to forgive themselves, so that's why parents can be a little to strict when it comes to girls and their social life, especially fathers, but be firm but honest about who and what's going to be there, as long as they see you being genuine, there's a possibility they may give in, good luck

What Guys Said 7

• Theres no doubt that those hooligans will taint my daughter!

I'd be protective until she turns 18 or moves out. That's my obligation as a father, because in case something did happen I don't want to look back and think that I could have done better to protect her. If you sneak out and get tangled with a few sausages against my approval, then its on you. I can live with that. Just don't expect unconditional support when something goes wrong.

• God no. Especially at that age. Guys obviously tend to want one thing. And even though I'd hopefully trust me daughter, there are many times urges get the best of people and there's always the chance she didn't have the urges but got forced/pressured :\

F*** no am I gonna trust anything of the sort.

Are girls really so naive to think it's so innocent to go to a house alone with two guys to just "watch a movie" especially at that age? Are they really that dumb?

I mean, sure, chances are they won't force anything, but they might still try to pressure or encourage. And even then, I dunno.

But no, I wouldn't. Not at all.

• Question, how well do you really know them? Are you actually good friends or something? As in did you talk to them often or hang out before? Or are you just classmates and that's how you know em? How well do you know their personalities and interests and such. Not just what you've heard, but what you know for sure.

• Monty Python. If my mom says I can't go over to the house, then I'll understand. We were originally going bowling (still are), but added on the movies since it would be spring break and we were all free.

My mom doesn't know them that's why I feel like she would say no, I haven't asked though so I don't know what she's going to say for sure, we planned this ahead of time, supposed to be next Friday.

• Well ask her. If she says no, oh well. Try and meet up at the mall or something before hand maybe? Can still get out and do stuff. Or see if they'll come over to meet your mom so she can get to know them and trust em.

• No probably not.

• I don't see why not. At 17 or 18 years old, I would think I would trust my kid enough to not get involved in a bad crowd and/or a group orgy.

• if she's on birth control

• how old is the girl?

16? F*** NO!

17-18 Yeah.

Anyone saying it's naive to think they won't just watch a movie.

It's naive to think they haven't already.

• Only if everyone involved was 18 and she assurred me that she had protection if sex was to be expected.

• I'm 17 and there's not gonna be any sex so yes? :o

• hmmm 17, I don't think I'd approve of that. Maybe if there was one other girl going with you I might say yes, but in this instance I really don't think I'd allow it.

What Girls Said 4

• my parents trusted me to do that all the time...with more than just 2 guys even lol so I would absolutely trust mine.

• I'd let them go bowling together and she could go watch movies if the house she was going over was the girls house.

• Yes because I've done it (with more guys actually) and nothing happened..at all!

• If there were another girl present, yes I would allow it