Does adding my name mean something?

We text each other a lot and always say good night but recently he's been adding my name or a smiley. Like, before he just said "good night" and that was it, but now he says "good night Kelsa"

Does the addition of a name mean anything at all or am I over thinking this?

Most Helpful Guy

• He probably likes you a lot. Don't think too much about the addition.

What Guys Said 2

• you concentrating on the wrong thing. he's wishing you good nights...i bet his own mom doesn't even get that on a nightly basis

#win

• thats his way of saying good night baby

What Girls Said 2

• When you see your name used more often in sentences/conversation, it CAN sometimes be a sign that a person feels closer to you or wants you to address you on a more personal level. I catch myself doing this to people I like; I’ll say their name when I’m goofing around with them or just when I want to connect with them more. I don’t really know how to explain it I guess, but it’s just a connection thing. I wouldn’t look into it super hard, but I’d say it’s definitely a good sign that he’s feeling closer to you. Not necessarily a romantic thing and not necessarily a friend thing, just overall feeling “closer.”

• He's putting a little more thought into you, like making an effort to make you feel special. It's sweet.