If you were in his shoes, what would you want in a relationship with me?

What exactly does a man in his mid-40's(divorced, was married for 25 years to his high school sweetheart, who was his first girlfriend) want with me? I thought it was worth exploring until, on our first date, he expressed wanting to be in a close relationship with me. I didn't know what to say and kinda' brushed it off. I could tell he felt a bit offended/rejected?

The truth is, it put me off and made me wonder why he's such in a hurry, or if he's only after one thing. It's been a week and today, he sent me an SMS asking when he can see me. I'd love to go out with him again, get to know him better, but I'm afraid he's going to bring up the relationship thing again...and it's something I don't even feel comfortable discussing with him at this stage.

Most Helpful Guy

• TALK TO HIM! Be up-front and honest. At his age, he can handle it and will appreciate you being honest. The worst thing you can do is feel wrong about something but act like it's okay. Even if it means that things don't work out between you, telling the whole truth means that neither of you waste any more time if it turns out that you want different things, or have radically different time-tables.

He probably has no idea how you feel, and it's very possible that he's willing to adjust to accomidate your needs and feelings, but he can't do that if he doesn't know how you feel.

What Guys Said 1

• with an attitude like that, I don't know what I'd want with you either. :\

Goodbye.

What Girls Said 1

• How long have you known him and under what circumstances? How did you meet? It's hard to know what he wants you for. Maybe he's having a midlife crisis? I doubt that if he wants you just for sex or something because you said he seemed offended when you weren't receptive to his proposal. Some people know right away how they feel about someone and it could be that he just likes you very much and knew that immediately. Since you like him I'd take him up on the second date but if he brings it up again on the date just tell him you like to take things more slowly and that he's going way too fast for you. Hopefully he won't push the issue anymore because he'll end up just pushing you away.