Girls, if you see a guy texting, do you assume they're texting a girl?

Most Helpful Girl

• I can see how it would be a good assumption - a lot of the guys I know hate to text and they don't use it to keep in touch with their male friends. It seems like texting is primarily a girl thing. Playing with apps seems to be more common among guys.

My boyfriend isn't a big fan of texting, for example. He texts me, and occasionally his two best friends, but that's about it.

Personally, when I see a guy texting, I only register that he's texting someone. It doesn't typically matter who he's texting.

What Girls Said 19

• Honestly I do. It seems a little odd that guys would hold really long conversations with their guy friends. Especially when guys are texting at times that seem to be a little inappropriate or are constantly checking their phone. What guy is important enough to be so worried about getting texts from? It's an assumption I know I shouldn't make, but I make it anyway!

• No- I make no assumptions about who a guy is texting, how could I? I text my friends, my family, my brother's girlfriend etc., as well as the guy I'm interested so I assume most guys (people really) are the same.

• I always assume guys playing apps on their phones but other than that, I feel like they are textings more often rather than guys

• Not all of the time. I usually don't assume anything. Not unless they're CONSTANTLY texting then that's when I become suspicious. The only time a guy becomes so engrossed within a text convo is when they are texting a chick.

• No. Actually, I have never assumed a guy texting, is texting a girl. But I don't text myself, so I don't see why id assume he was texting a girl.

• I would hope so ! Usually guy's aren't that deep with each other to be texting so much. Girls on the other hand that's different ! We girls love to text each other and we don't have to have a serious topic to text each other about.

• Depends on the guy. If he's a known "man-whore" then yes. Otherwise no.

• Yes. Men don't have long winded texting convos with othermen.

• I think so too. If its like once every 5 minutes they're getting a text message from someone then I know its not a dude. Guys don't text other guys for an extended period of time like that...unless they like each other.

• I do most of the time. I'm not going to lie lol.

• No...

• If I don't know the guy, then yes

• Um if it's like my boyfriend then no, because I trust them that much. I think girls who always assume that their guy is texting some other girl are being way too paranoid & insecure & clingy, what a turnoff!

• No

• No, I don't automatically assume that. Could be texting one of his buds. Could even be his mom.

• that, comes down to how insecure you are

• So the girls below you who do assume this are insecure?

• Riiiight. You can't naively trust EVERYONE to the extent that you don't think anyone is capable of doing wrong. Naturally I don't think anyone is wrong of something. Its when your behavior/actions starts to change when I start to suspect something. The only time a persons behavior/actions change is when a factor comes into their life to change it.

• What? No.

• Hahahaha I really do. That's the first thought hat comes to mind

• Yep ...

• If is a quick text I'd be like MAYBE is just guy friend but if the guy lasts I'd would think most likely the guys is texting a girl. Guys don't like texting girls do!. Two guys texting each other sounds unlikely.

• Affirmative.

What Guys Said 6

• Thta's a good question... I text way more frequently on my phone than anything else... Even my guy friends, in fact, especially my guy friends. I find it easier and quicker to text someone than to call them, and only call when the conversation will be longer or more personal.

• See that's what I'm saying. A guy isn't going to text his friend back to back for like 30min to an hour. Not unless he's talking to a chick.

• I guess I wouldn't text anyone that long... But I definitely do text guys more than I text girls...

• I don't have a phone, but I do use my messenger falcon to keep in touch with people.

• Dudes don't text another guy for long periods of time.

Guy chat is like this

me you coming to the spot?

other dude Yeah what is up?

me we are pregaming over rick's place to the club see you there

end of text...

lol

• if she finds the guy attractive she would assume that if not she wouldn't care enough to assume anything

• I'm surprised that many girls assume that

• Good question.