Girls and guys, would you date someone who had a child?

My boyfriend has a beautiful daughter, that I am not the mother of.

I knew this when I met him, and he is a great daddy!

A lot of people say that I am crazy for staying with my boyfriend, because of his "accident".

I disagree. I love him, and his little girl. I do not see a reason to judge him, and I do not see his daughter as an accident. She is quite precious.

So, ladies.. do you see a problem with dating a man who has a child?

Guys, do you see a problem with dating a girl who has a child?

Most Helpful Girl

• Girl:

Honestly, I don't see a problem with this at all but I would definitely do a little background check before going into that type of relationship.

Reading your post, I felt like you're really happy with where you're at with this guy,

if you have a good relationship with your man & the child then good for you, do your thing.

So don't even bother with what anyone is saying to you !

What Guys Said 7

• Not at this point, no.

-I am nowhere near ready for kids.

-I don't want to get close to the kid, only to have things not work out and have someone else leaving their life. I'd need to be sure I could do the long term thing with her before anything actually starts, which is impossible.

-I want to be her first priority in a relationship. For a mother, her kids will always be her priority. (Or at least it should be.)

• I probably wouldn't, only because I honestly don't feel I'm quite ready for that level of commitment just yet, and I view a situation like that very seriously.

But that's nothing against single parents trying to make it solo, because my brother and I were raised by our mom after our dad left when we were very young. She worked extremely hard to make ends meet and did a damn fine job of raising us totally on her own, and I have no end of an amount of respect for that.

• Yeah, that's too much pressure. I'd have to be connected to the kid and mom, I'm not a fan of that.

• i don't believe in saying never but I REALLY! DONT! want to.

• Under no circumstances!

Maybe(but just maybe) I could deal with one other d*** having been inside her once... but dealing with a child who is not mine - no, never!

• Why are you so stuck on women being "pure" enough for you? Are you not getting enough oxygen up on that high horse?

• Oh, I'm so sorry I offended you, I guess I just forgot for a moment what teenage girls are like today...

• Yes I would. Only time I wouldn't is if there was still drama with the ex I would have to know w/o a doubt there were no lingering feelings left either.

• If I was aware of it beforehand, I wouldn't date a woman with a child.

What Girls Said 7

• I personally wouldn't, but that's just me. it doesn't give anyone a right to judge you and your decisions. If you love them both I don't see anything wrong with it.

• It is a HUGE investment to take on someone else's child. I honestly can't say either way that I would or wouldn't. It depends on how old the child is, how involved the father is, how involved the mother is, how he feels about me disciplining the child, etc. It is a huge thing to come into another person's child's life. At my current age, I'm not sure I would. That's a lot of responsibility for a twenty-one-year-old.

• No, it's a definite turn off for me! I don't want to have children, so he just wouldn't be the right one for me. But with real love you never know...

• No.

• I don't see a problem with it at all, people have baggage and unless your with someone from a very young age then that just something you have to deal with. I don't think you can discount someone because of their past.

• But at the point when you're deciding to date someone with a child, you're not just dating that person. You are coming into that child's life as an authority figure and pseudo-parent. It's not about judging that person for their past, but how much responsibility you want to take for SOMEONE ELSE"S child. It's an incredible responsibility.

• No, I would not.

• i would never. are you ready to be a mom? because that's what you're going to be