I think he wants me back, so what do I do?

This guy that I knew for a while and I started talking and we dated a little bit. We started to really like each other and just when it was starting to get to relationship mode, he got weird. I asked him what was wrong and he dropped the bomb that there was someone else. I got mad and he was sorry and explained that he'd been in love with this girl for 2 years and she finally came back to him. He said he wouldn't give me up for just anyone and this was just better for him and his son. I didn't believe him at first but I came to find out that all that was true.

We hadn't really talked since then and it was six weeks ago. He was texting me while I was at work the other day just shooting the breeze with me and asking if I would join his softball league this summer, blah blah blah. It all seemed weird, but I got wind that something may have happened with that other girl. I can't be sure. We've had a few brief conversations since then kinda like old times.

Like I said, I'm not sure if he's still with the girl or not and I'm not sure why all the sudden he's treating me like we're good friends again, but my intuition thinks he's not with that girl and he might like me again. If that's the case, what should I do? He is a great guy, I still really like him, and I understand why he did what he did, but I still can't help but feel insulted. Any thoughts? What would you do?

What Guys Said 1

• I was in a similar situation once. If this is the first and only time he's done this, proceed with caution. Personally, though, I wouldn't bother. In my situation, I just kept getting hurt over and over again, but kept taking her back. It got to a point where I was digging for reasons to want to be with her.

What Girls Said 0