What can I do if I'm really staring to feel desperate because I have never dated before?

In general girls intimidate me and asking a girl out is very scary to me. I like this one girl right now but ... I don't know she would likely never pick me. I don't know what I can do though. I am 22 and still nervous around girls. I just want to feel liked by girls

I am feeling down today about this I keep feeling I wil never date or hang with a girl

Most Helpful Guy

• The only way to get over this is to go and talk to women. The reason you lack confidence is that you never approach girls and ask them out. Confidence is kind of like a muscle - the more you use it the stronger it becomes, and the less you use it the weaker it becomes. I used to be very nervous around women, they used to scare the sh*t out of me, but now days I don't really give a sh*t. I'll ask any girl out that I find attractive, and I don't really care if they say no because I'll just go ask someone else, and I know that eventually I'll find one that likes me. It's a numbers game, you will get rejected, so rather than worry about it just go and do it - the more girls you ask out the more chance you have of finding one that likes you.

• Girls scare me so bad, it is near impossible I can only have small talk with the girl I like

• you don't care if it's someone that's like a friend of yours and you feel like it would somehow mess up your relationship with them asking them out and getting rejected?

• No not at all, if I like someone I will tell them straight and deal with the consequences afterward. I really don't care. But actually in my experience it never messes the friendship up at all, that's just guys being paranoid. I've asked a few of my female friends out in the past and been turned down because they don't see me in that way, we're still good friends and nothing has changed. As long as you don't get mad/upset and make a big deal out of it there will be no problems.

What Girls Said 1

• be a waiter and learn how to talk to people. you just need more practice talking to people

• Any other ideas

• It matters for girls right?

• not as much as it matters for guys

What Guys Said 4

• To overcome this, try haniging out with a group of guys and girls first. Maybe join a club tht has about equal numbers...and don't ask anyone out for a while or they'll tink you joined only to meet girls...even though that's in fact true, you don't want to make that TOO obvious.

And you should wait until you know someone a little before asking them out.

• Don't feel down. So many people are so insecure about their future that they aren't even thinking about a relationship. So RELAX and just enjoy living. People who enjoy living atttract other people who want to share that feeling, after all.

• I hope

• Just enjoy life and don't obsess about girls. The best answer anyone could give you!

• I am going to brutally honest here. I just turned 18, and only sometimes girls would make me nervous. I hate that because it breaks me.

But I don't want to be a pathetic wimp like you when I turn 22. I think that no matter how bad I have it, you'll always have it worse so cheers for making me feel so much better about myself ahhaahaha

• i hate how guys have to have a passion, but girls do not

• A girl with a passion is more likely to get a quality boyfriend than a girl without, just as guys are. Also social skills are just as important for girls, if they want a quality boyfriend. The only guys who put up with girls who lack those qualities are guys who aren't that great themselves, so try not to feel so pissed off about it.

• it's like as quality matters a whole lot more to girls than to guys, girls are allowed to want or need a boyfriend for validation, to feel better about themselves, but guys are not

• Just talk to a girl. Its not hard.