Need some guy advice....

I often hear opposite views on if a girl should text a guy, especially after a first date. Some of my friends (mostly female) say to wait because if he wants to see you, he will contact you. Others (mostly guys) say they hate doing all the chasing so go ahead as long as it is like 10 times a day or something. So, guys, what do you think? Is it a turn off if a girl asks you out on a second date when both of you seem interested?

Most Helpful Guy

• Go ahead and text him. Most guys are hesitant to call or text a girl after a first date, especially the next day because its not hard for a guy to scare a girl off by looking clinging and too interested. Just keep in short. Don't start texting the guy for an hour.

• Since you gave such a good answer, can I ask you another? Would you text a girl to apologize for not texting her (for a day or two when she texted you first) if you aren't interested? I suppose some guys may just feel bad for not responding, but most of the guys I know have no problem, especially early on, just not replying if they don't have an interest in a girl.

• Yeah, its not uncommon for me to reply with an apology if I didn't see her text right away, was busy, or for whatever reason just didn't respond immediately. I personally do this with almost all of my friends, but admittedly I would be more likely to do this with a girl I liked. Depends on the person though, some people just aren't as considerate of others and don't feel bad about not responding, I on the other hand always feel guilty about not responding to peoples texts.

What Guys Said 3

• Not a turnoff at all. I like knowing she is interested in me and if I'm doing all the chasing with her not putting anything forward how am I gonna know that?

• ill give you an honest answer lol maybe you shouldn't ask him out on the second date but kind of somehow let him know that you want to go out on another one. I know it can get kind of annoying when the girl never texts you unless you text her first and she never goes on a date unless they ask you no? really I guess to sum it all up, there are two sides of a relationship and I believe the guy should do the most, but not it all.

Hope that helps :)

• Just text him. The turn off isn't if a girl asks a guy out, the turn off is THIS SORT OF QUESTION.

What Girls Said 0