How to coordinate with my prom date?

I want us to look "together" and "matching" a little bit.

My dress is camel colored with dark chocolate brown sequins.

My date is going to wear a tuxedo, which is traditionally black and white. I'm not sure if I want to make him wear a brown tie/vest because it might not be a good combo when it comes to tuxedos.

Is there any other way that I can make us match and look "together"? I was thinking that maybe we could have matching corsage/wristlet and butonniere?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would go with your first option. Brown is a neutral color that goes with a lot of other colors. It won't look as bad as you think it will.

link

Or have him wear an all brown tux

link

What Guys Said 2

• Don't match. It's tacky. If he's going to wear a proper tux be gla you won't shudder looking at the photos in 20 years.

Your dress sounds lovely.

• By text

What Girls Said 2

• Same corsage is a good idea. You can also wear black heels if he wears black suit. Brown tie is also OK to match your stunning sequins. You two can show sweet to express the " together" thing. Wearing is one part, another part is your two behavior and dancing in the party. If you two seems very nice & perfect, no one would think you belong to different worlds. :) Have fun.

• Just have him get like a white tux or something.

To be honest, you probably should have picked a different color of dress.

Are colors like that common for prom dresses these days? When I was in high school, everyone got pastels and bright colors.