Is it best to wait 2 days to text a girl after you get her number? Or do the days even matter?

What are some good texts that convey that I want more than a friendship

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't take a guy seriously when he goes by any sort of day rule. If you like her, talk to her when you get the time, plain and simple.

I'm not sure about conveying that you want more than a friendship, though.

If you're talking about friends-with-benefits sort of arrangement, it'll probably save you a bunch of hassle and aggravation later if you mention it early on.

When a guy wants a fling, I want to know before I get any other notion. Usually, I can tell, but it's still best to make it clear where you stand. It's annoying when you just want something casual and the other person keeps fussing over settling down and it hurts when you think you had a connection but the other person was just fooling you to keep you around until he/she got bored.

If you want a relationship, establish yourself in her life. Hang out, flirt, and let the chemistry work its magic. Once the connection is made, address what you're looking for.

I wasn't keen on dating, but my boyfriend changed my mind by being good company in general, sticking around, and giving me room to change my mind. That showed his stunning personality, that he is patient, and that he was serious about having a relationship.

What Girls Said 5

• Don't wait two days, text her the next day if you're really interested.

• I would personally say the night after that day... So if you met her today, then you'd text her tomorrow night. That way it doesn't seem to desperate/booty-callish, but she knows that she's been on your mind.

• i honestly don't care. I'd rather him just text me right away then wait two days. Cause I've had guys do that and I end up thinking, "why isn't he texting?"

flirty

• if a guy gets my number and starts texting me then I already know he's after more than just friendship anyway, so no need to worry about that. Just try to have a sense of humor/make her laugh

• No, I like the guy calling me in 12 hours after he got my numbers. Seems more caring about me.

• honestly, the days don't even matter. but like if she's into you, she's probably going to be there counting the days and then analyzing how long you waited to text her to see what it means... but yeah just ask her to hang out. be like assertive but not like a cocky a**hole. just flirt with her.

What Guys Said 3

• were you guys drinking when you met? I always like the humorous "hey, just seeing if you still wanted to talk to me or if you changed your mind once the drinks wore off :P"

i always give it a day in between so as not to come off as too intense, but it depends on what your interaction with her was like really. just go with your gut.

• the next day is better

• I wouldn't wait 2 days. Especially if you were at a bar when you got her number. If that's the case, either that night, or the next day... this way she's not sitting their waiting, and at the same time, it lets her know you're interested because SOME women will lose interest in a guy if he waits too long. She will still text the guy back and have a conversation but the thrill and excitement the guy brought and the reason why she gave the guy the number would have vanished.

If not at a bar, then I will still go with the following day. But I wouldn't text with the cliche of, "Hey, how are you?" Or "Hey, how are things?" or what's up etc etc.

Bring up something that you will think is funny.

You know the girl enough to get her number, so, you should know if what you say would be funny. I don't mean a knock-knock joke or anything like that, but something that is out of the norm.