If a guy doesn't think a girl is interested in him, what does he do?

There's a guy that I'm sort of interested in but my friend told me he "doesn't think I'm interested" and was asking our friend about it "and seemed kind of sad about it." Does that makes it more worth chasing after her or does he just forget about it completely?

Most Helpful Guy

• this is a whole lot a matter of individuality. There are guys who just keep trying and trying because they believe she's the one and only (like me) and there are others who just forget her and go chase another, but those are more superficial and rather after sex than anything deeper.

What Guys Said 7

• If a guy thinks a girl is not interested we simply move on and forget. I mean why be on that hopeless state and torture our emotions knowing she is not interested and nothing will happen anyway.

• Depends on the girl. Sometimes I just forget about it and move on. Other times, I lament about it for weeks.

• I think most guys would probably forget about it completely.

• If he was asking about it, then he's probably interested. Just increase you're effort and then hell realize that you're interested.

• If he doesn't think he has a chance of getting you in bed he'll move on, it's that simple

• He's going to walk away and nobody wins. If you like him then show your interest back in him.

• Depending on the girl and the situation. If I really really liked her, to the point where I was kind of intimidated by her, I would probably avoid her if I found out she wasn't interested. If she was someone that I was frineds with before and I just started falling for her, then I found out she wasn't interested, I would play it cool and continue our friendship. But, like I said before, it really depends on the girl and situation. I once found out that a girl I had a crush on wasn't interested, so I backed off, played it cool and then she suddenly became interested in me.

What Girls Said 2

• Depends on the guy. Some guys will just harrass you more if they think you're not interested. Other guys will move on to another girl.

You better let him know that you're interested.

• In such situations, you need to know your own mind before deciding whether to approach him about it or just let the feeling pass. Do you LIKE him or are you just infatuated with him?

If you like him a great deal, you can let him know in conversation -- which is easier to do if you know the guy well. If you don't know the guy that well, it is definitely awkward, though. (Been there, in both instances.)

You can let him know you're interested/attracted by getting him a little gift for a holiday -- Easter/Passover is just around the corner. Ask him what he's doing, or give him something very small to mark the occasion. He'll say it's sweet if he likes you or just thank you and look confused if he doesn't like you...