Had a great date, he hasn't called back

I recently went on a date with a guy It went really well, we even kissed when it was time to say goodbye. He said he'd call me to arrange another date but two weeks on, he hasn't called. He's been sending me flirty text messages but nothing suggesting we'll see each other again. I'm scared to make the first move in case he blows me out. What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay - look at it this way. If he wasn't interested; he would have terminated all contact. The fact that he's still texting you shows that he wants to maintain contact. Maybe he's waiting for you to make a move - I'm assuming he made the move and asked for the first date; and perhaps he's looking for some indication that you're as involved as him in this.

I know I went on a date with a guy once, it went real well - we chatted a bit after, and then ... nothing. We've since become friends and he explained that he was waiting for this time, me to make the move. By asking me out the first time, he'd placed his cards on the table and shown he was interested, and then it was my turn.

Essentially what I'm saying is - if you want another date ask for one. The worst that could happen is that he says no; but from what you've said I don't think that will happen.

What Guys Said 5

• Why don't you try calling him next time he text messages you? Mention the fact he hasn't made a date with you in a joking way.

• He could be legitimately busy or just shy. All you have to do is ask when he's free. Invite him out for drinks!

• Shy, no. You kissed.

Maybe unsure, or dating someone else at the same time.

Anyway, ask him out, or tell him not to contact you anymore if he doesn't want to see you.

• You should make the first move. It's hardly a sign of desperation to simply remind him he said he wanted a second date.

• you should make the first move

What Girls Said 0